Reloader's Superformance powder.

badbob

I got a tin . It was the only powder I could get on the day. It's drawback is limited published loading info for various calibres.
Not sure how super it is.

However I'm using it for .243 win with 80 grain bullets including Barnes and Hornady lead free.

Laurie

It's a slow-burning and very high energy double-based ball powder usable as an alternative to H4831. When it first arrived I and a few others tried it in 284 Win heavy bullet match loads. We got high velocities and good results - sometimes. It didn't prove consistent enough in this role. As @badbob says, it should be well matched to the 243.

It and its faster (approx. VarGet speed) burning stablemate Hodgdon Leverevolution are Reach compliant and still with us. I don't think they sell too well - I tried to get some Leverevolution recently and the distributors Edgar Brothers don't have any and were apparently a bit vague about future orders.

Ratwhiskers

Not to be confused with Hornady's Superformance ammunition, as only some of the 30-06 loadings actually use the stated powder, where most of the others calibres use bulk variants.

GWP

Check on hornadys web site some good info on there Dave what cal are you looking at

Last edited:

badbob

Ive read of it being used for 30.06 successfully.
Not in .308.though it seems. Hornady are very circumspect with their data.
I am still using it for 80 gr bullets in .243.