Rifle Grip Caps

Tomc1990

Hi All,

I have an old Kipplauf that we are restoring. I'm looking to put a grip cap on the bottom of the pistol grip, preferably one with some sort of game scene on it. Has anyone got any suggestions where I can buy one from? Can anyone also talk me through how they are attached to the rifle? I've seen a few that are glued onto a black base plate that is screwed into the rifle.

Any help / advice / pointers gratefully received.

Thanks

Tom

reloader54

I have hands like digger buckets[same circumference as m,ali, and our 'enry] and often find some pistol grips dwarfed, I once took a small section of red deer antler of the correct diameter and placed it between the bottom of the grip and the original cap, It looked pretty good if I say so myself and made it more suitable to use, so much so that when I sold it the gunshop elected to keep it in place as a neat feature.

Big Bang Theory

Hi All,

I have an old Kipplauf that we are restoring. I'm looking to put a grip cap on the bottom of the pistol grip, preferably one with some sort of game scene on it. Has anyone got any suggestions where I can buy one from? Can anyone also talk me through how they are attached to the rifle? I've seen a few that are glued onto a black base plate that is screwed into the rifle.

Any help / advice / pointers gratefully received.

Thanks

Tom