Sauer Double Rifles for Stalking?

wow, I can imagine the hole a 9.3 x 74R will make in a roe carcass...

Actually my experience with a 9.3x62 (Ballistically the same) just puts a neat hole as not a lot of meat damage using the 285gr RWS Soft Point

Dito - as Scrumbag says not too bad actually but in my case on fallow.

Sauer make all sorts of real nice rifles.

Actually my experience with a 9.3x62 (Ballistically the same) just puts a neat hole as not a lot of meat damage using the 285gr RWS Soft Point

had no idea... I imagined the opposite.
Anyway Sauer makes some very good gear thats for sure. Whats the weight of that double? do they auto eject?

Last edited:
Yes, just enough ooomph for a fox ;)

does it leave just the skin intact? hehehe
as for velocities, yes my 270 win does quite a bit of damage, i was imagining the 9.3 projectile packing a lot of punch too. I regularly see what that cal does to the insides of boar. but maybe roe deer being less dense means it doesnt expand so much?

so is the OP going to get it? lovely gun that one.. just went onto the SAUER web page to have a good look at it...

Last edited:
Roy Schmoy...

I got offered a 460 Weatherby. Didn't buy it...

Normally I would say "coward" but in this case just sensible, the rifle beats you up, the bullet blows up and a very irate large animal comes along and finishes the job.

David.

Twice the gun of a single shot and nice to look at. The Duke i worked for had several double rifles, got to handle them occasionally. We never fired them but got the job of cleaning them!

does it leave just the skin intact? hehehe
as for velocities, yes my 270 win does quite a bit of damage, i was imagining the 9.3 projectile packing a lot of punch too. I regularly see what that cal does to the insides of boar. but maybe roe deer being less dense means it doesnt expand so much?

so is the OP going to get it? lovely gun that one.. just went onto the SAUER web page to have a good look at it...

The rifle is quite cheap for some at £35k but too expensive for me to drag through the forest. My own double does the job but neither compares to my single shot stutzen when it comes to handling.

The Sauer down under bolt action in the photo is £55k.

But it doesn't have a plastic stock, nor picattiny rail, nor threaded for moderators, so ridiculous idea it can be used for deer. Go to back of the class.

Back