shooting deer from vehicles

Boarboy

Is it legal to shoot a deer from a vehicle, either using as a support or from within a vehicle? just wondering.

Vehicles: Section 4 of the Deer Act prohibits shooting from a moving vehicle, the vehicle must be stationary with the engine turned off. The vehicle may need to be adapted to provide:
♦ A means of preventing participants from falling from the vehicle or being injured when the vehicle is moving e.g. a safety cage in the bed of a pick up.
♦ A rest such as a shooting rail that provides a good support for the rifle when shooting and lifts the muzzle well clear of the supporting surface. Care must be taken to ensure that parts of the vehicle or its passengers cannot easily be brought into the line of fire.

Vehicles: Section 4 of the Deer Act prohibits shooting from a moving vehicle, the vehicle must be stationary with the engine turned off. The vehicle may need to be adapted to provide:
♦ A means of preventing participants from falling from the vehicle or being injured when the vehicle is moving e.g. a safety cage in the bed of a pick up.
♦ A rest such as a shooting rail that provides a good support for the rifle when shooting and lifts the muzzle well clear of the supporting surface. Care must be taken to ensure that parts of the vehicle or its passengers cannot easily be brought into the line of fire.

Or a towel wrapped round the wing mirror if sat comfortably in either seat
in the front of the vehicle :thumb:

Like this?
download.jpg

Yep someone posted on here about shooting a deer of his bonnet with the engine still running awhile ago and I got shot down when i said you might want to take engine running bit out!

Or a towel wrapped round the wing mirror if sat comfortably in either seat
in the front of the vehicle :thumb:

Or (as I do) put a piece of 4 x 2 timber from underneath the passenger seat head rest on to the dash and then shoot (seated in the drivers seat) out of the passenger side BUT

A. Make sure the window is fully down (not as a friend of mine did and he forgot his scope view is about 3" above the barrel? Kaboom - no window)

and

B. (Me this time) If following a running fox make sure you do not swing too far right.....

View attachment 51619

...new Forester wing mirror? £90 :(

Back