Sierra Tipped Gameking

takbok

Yes, nothing new, just typical Sierra quality and value I'd expect. I like their bullets and it's interesting that they're finally jumping on the ballistic tip bandwagon.

NigelM

That's very interesting. Thank you Takbok.

I wonder what the terminals are like vs ELD-X/ABLR. Price looks very good and the 165 7mm looks potentially perfect for the 280ai. Currently got my eye on the 168 ABLR as a game bullet to replace the 160 TMK I am currently using for LR targets.

big ears

For me the prohunters and gamekings work so well I think I’ll stay with them. I do hope they continue to make the soft point bullets and this is not the beginning of the end.

paul o'

Not yet but my ELDX are 60 per box plus pp , .

update
just had a look for them on a well known site omfg, if they come into the uk at the same price as the tipped match bullet ? then it just shows the mark up on rip off uk mind you I just tried to get 1000 280 ack imp brass out of the USA ? no I cant'? they were $38 per 50 over here they are £125 per 50 cases ?? .

Yorkie

Hi
I can't find any mention of this new bullet on the Sierra website.
As for rip off UK just look at Ramshot powder prices in America. The stuff is made in Belgium.

25 Sharps

Hi
I can't find any mention of this new bullet on the Sierra website.
As for rip off UK just look at Ramshot powder prices in America. The stuff is made in Belgium.

It used to be cheap, kranks stopped importing for a while, now it's a Reach replacement prices have jumped up as with RS powders

dodgyknees

Why, do you suppose, is the Tipped GameKing not listed on the Sierra website?

I note that there are some interesting differences to the ELD-X from the little I saw on the video, e.g. no interlock ring and from the little we saw of it, a uniform thickness jacket?

I have a post to prepare about the ELD-X which will make for some interesting reading.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Davee

Co-incidence or what? 130gr 6.5 Gamekings none in stock, -only one RFD has but, 10 quid more than I paid in May-. In USA 130gr 6.5 Game-changers $46 a box, the same in GK $36, but again no stock, none on back-order. If the Game-changer is going to replace the GK then I'll have to look elsewhere, I can't afford that sort of carcass damage; neck shoot a Muntjac and it's going to be decapitated, no more bang flop just bang splat! Anybody used Nosler AB's or Fox monolithics on Muntjac or Roe?

takbok

Sierra told me that they're only currently available from Midway USA, and that they will be release more information on availability in the coming months.

I'm sure that they will work very much like Gameking's, just with a better BC.

I'd hazard a guess that they're not aggressively advertising them because they're ramping up production and wouldn't be able to meet demand, hence only selling them through Midway for now.

Last edited:

Claret_Dabbler

Co-incidence or what? 130gr 6.5 Gamekings none in stock, -only one RFD has but, 10 quid more than I paid in May-. In USA 130gr 6.5 Game-changers $46 a box, the same in GK $36, but again no stock, none on back-order. If the Game-changer is going to replace the GK then I'll have to look elsewhere, I can't afford that sort of carcass damage; neck shoot a Muntjac and it's going to be decapitated, no more bang flop just bang splat! Anybody used Nosler AB's or Fox monolithics on Muntjac or Roe?

Load your 6.5xwhatever with 120gr Nosler BT's at a sensible velocity (say 2800-2850FPS) any you will have a very effective round that will not over damage Muntjac and still put down a Sika or Fallow with authority.

Best performing 6.5mm bullet I have used.

Border

Load your 6.5xwhatever with 120gr Nosler BT's at a sensible velocity (say 2800-2850FPS) any you will have a very effective round that will not over damage Muntjac and still put down a Sika or Fallow with authority.

Best performing 6.5mm bullet I have used.

What do you think the 140 grain 6.5 BT's would be like, run at say 2600 fps?