Soon, Soon!

finnbear270

Only two more weeks till back in The Pfalzerwald,
images
, Just loading the specials up now, 165 gn GMX .

I was just over an hour from the French border, everywhere I went there was evidence of boar, local reports of garden raids by the boar were frequent.

Less slurping more shooting this time Steve.

3rd time lucky for me this year. its going to happen this is my year

Looking forward to catching up with you, Mike and Miffy

Robbo

I`m going to the same area, 30 minutes closer to the French borders in 14 days, can`t wait either!

Also three more sleeps and then off to Germany for a week with friends with two or three days shooting plus some sitting under the moon. Plus a couple of good sessions on the ranges.

Not long been back from Croatia after three days Driven Boar.
Our group managed to account for 55 pigs of which some were quite large 'Grunters'
I managed four on the first day, two on the second and nearly got run over, well not quite but within five yards, by a lone Grunter that doubled back and my rifle 'Clicked' instead of a Bang and I still cannot work out why.
Oh, and I missed a Jackal at fifty paces :(
Off out again in ten days, similar area, I hope it has a similar outcome.

Just back from Five Days hunting in Croatia last week. The weather was very warm last week so Pigs had moved, we basically chased them all week. Great fun though with a few crackers shot and i had Two myself.

First drive, Four Red Hinds, Second drive, 100 KGS Sow Boar, Third drive, Very nice Uberlaufer in 45KGS area. OH, & lots of great company , Old friends renewed, loads of beer drunk .. and a winter bar b q to boot! And the low temperatures killed the I phones, so bought a watch!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m heading down to Bavaria on the 14th for boar and roe deer, I can’t wait!

im sure the dog will enjoy the trip too!

First drive, Four Red Hinds, Second drive, 100 KGS Sow Boar, Third drive, Very nice Uberlaufer in 45KGS area. OH, & lots of great company , Old friends renewed, loads of beer drunk .. and a winter bar b q to boot! And the low temperatures killed the I phones, so bought a watch!

Good result !

I'm off to Hungary on Sunday, for 4 days hunting. Fingers crossed I'll have a little more luck than the trip to Portugal a few weeks ago. I blanked, but they did shoot 25 Red deer, and 3 boar in 2 days,

One more sleep and I'm off.
I shall be glad when tomorrow comes as I am fed up with tripping over/walking around the BL****y suitcase standing just inside the front door since yesterday !!
Only thing not packed just yet is the rifle.
I like to leave that until the very last minute then I give it a good luck kiss on the cheek just before locking it in :)

Back