Uk deer species.

UK Outfitters

Which of the U.K. deer species have you shot?

• All 6

• 5 of the 6

• 4 of the 6

• 3 of the 6

• 2 of the 6

• Just one.

Results are only viewable after voting.

magnificent 7

Shot 5 of the six plus boar ive just sika to shoot although I have had them when younger and legal to do so with the dogs.Friday im out local to perhaps rectify that but there an illusive animal.when you've got a gun..

wildfowler.250

Can’t say shooting all 6 gives you any real experiences vs lots of stalks on one or two species. It’s just seeing somewhere different as someone has said.

I have to say CWD was probably the most ‘disappointing’ for want of a better word. I’d do it again at some point but felt a bit like stalking hares. I was quite lucky to shoot one in an area of forestry but my old man shot one in an open field like most folk seem to. I do quite like a trip down for munties every 5 years or so for something different.

James0586

I’ve been lucky enough to do all 6 in a year and I have also taken wild boar.

I would like a goat and a highland red stag during the rut as I’ve only taken hinds and small staggies.

My favourite was my sika stag. It was called in with an elk call and came in like a steam train, stopped at 30 yd’s gave me a death stare and stood like a picture in front of me. I must be honest I was shaking like a shitting dog and will never forget the feeling. What a rush.....😁😀 (one very happy man)

Never seen a hybrid red/sika but would like a go at one of them.

Last edited:

norma 308

Can’t say shooting all 6 gives you any real experiences vs lots of stalks on one or two species. It’s just seeing somewhere different as someone has said.

I have to say CWD was probably the most ‘disappointing’ for want of a better word. I’d do it again at some point but felt a bit like stalking hares. I was quite lucky to shoot one in an area of forestry but my old man shot one in an open field like most folk seem to. I do quite like a trip down for munties every 5 years or so for something different.
They can be great to stalk we tend to pass up the easy ones and try make a good stalk out of the more challenging ones to get to 👍

UK Outfitters