Ultimate gun safe

Seems a bit cheap for a 7 gun cabinet ? I have a Brattonsound rifle safe with ammo safe inside - single key, safe locks 8 guns and 200 ish £'s - 3 year on-site guarantee. Has to be worth a comparative look ?

Seems a bit cheap for a 7 gun cabinet ? I have a Brattonsound rifle safe with ammo safe inside - single key, safe locks 8 guns and 200 ish £'s - 3 year on-site guarantee. Has to be worth a comparative look ?
I thought that but everything I’ve found in the reviews seem to be pretty positive…

I've got similar cheap chinese safes, they do the job.
I'd not say they are "the ultimate" safes though.
I believe they are Aus built? What makes you say it’s cheap chinese? Watched the review vid and it’s apparently over the required spec (2.5mm vs 2mm and apparently the beaten sound are 2?)

Regards,
Gixer

I bought one of these few weeks ago, problem is they use a god awful delivery company. The courier dropped my parcel three streets away from my place. By the time I could make it there, it had been stolen. They have promised to 'investigate' but terribly difficult to get in touch with. Still waiting on my money back. Hope that helps, it is a shame, they seem like nice safes.

‘Built to BS’ that’s different to tested to BS.
It might be worth checking with your FEO that they will accept it.

Given safes are only as good as the lock and the key I now have 3 and they are all key code digital IMHO that’s the best compromise between security and convenience

I believe they are Aus built? What makes you say it’s cheap chinese? Watched the review vid and it’s apparently over the required spec (2.5mm vs 2mm and apparently the beaten sound are 2?)

Regards,
Gixer
There are a few similar on the market.
I get the impression that they are Chinese.

I may be wrong though.

I’ve got one very similar from eBay, there ok but I’m sure if I lost my keys it wouldn’t be a problem to open it

I’ve got one very similar from eBay, there ok but I’m sure if I lost my keys it wouldn’t be a problem to open it
Is it an ultimate safe? Do you know the specs on it?

to be honest most of the cabinets (not the safe type ones) look like they wouldn’t be that difficult to get into with the right tools. 2-4mm with a cutting disc takes seconds!

regards,
Gixer

They are cheap and nasty but plenty of feo's will pass them. They used to advertise allot of returns on ebay with extra discount (that's likely because they get allot of returns)
A determined thief will get into most gun safes. It took me 30seconds to get in a battonsound with a wedge and a haligan bar.

A large jewellers safe will require a seriously skilled professional. They come up on ebay from time to time for £400ish but it's moving them that's the pita

Does anyone have one of these and if so what are your thoughts? I was thinking about buying the 7 gun version.

Regards,
Gixer
I would check the length of your guns. Its 145 cm high but there's an ammo box inside so the useable internal height will be less. Mine is 150 cm high without an ammo box and it just fits my semi-auto shotgun and won't fit my 223 with the moderator attached.

I got mine from these guys: 6 Gun Cabinet

They are cheap and nasty but plenty of feo's will pass them. They used to advertise allot of returns on ebay with extra discount (that's likely because they get allot of returns)
A determined thief will get into most gun safes. It took me 30seconds to get in a battonsound with a wedge and a haligan bar.

A large jewellers safe will require a seriously skilled professional. They come up on ebay from time to time for £400ish but it's moving them that's the pita
Have you seen one in the flesh? Just curious as they seem to have a better spec than the comparable brattensound for thickness of materials

Have you seen one in the flesh? Just curious as they seem to have a better spec than the comparable battensound for thickness of materials
Yes i had them side by side when i sold & delivered my brattensound to a mate that had one (itv arrived dented and the door wouldn't close unless you bent it into place, it's the folds that give safe's allot of their strength not the thickness of the steel plate. The returns on these are half or less than half than a brattensound sentinel other returns are missing all together.

If you want to protect your guns as opposed to tick boxes then check the brattensound titan & atlas safes or, better still, look for a 2nd hand jewellers safe. I wouldn't recommend these to anyone.

Yes i had them side by side when i sold & delivered my brattensound to a mate that had one (itv arrived dented and the door wouldn't close unless you bent it into place, it's the folds that give safe's allot of their strength not the thickness of the steel plate. The returns on these are half or less than half than a brattensound sentinel other returns are missing all together.

If you want to protect your guns as opposed to tick boxes then check the brattensound titan & atlas safes or, better still, look for a 2nd hand jewellers safe. I wouldn't recommend these to anyone.
Both my existing cabinets are brattensound so I’ll give a direct comparison when the ultimate safe arrives in a few days - to me the folds are not going to make much difference as the fastest way into a cabinet is to go to any Aldi and buy a cordless angle grinder! Not the most quiet method but neither is Jimmy if open a cabinet with a crow bar.

and by ticking the box it should also protect the guns as let’s face it - the cabinet is a last line of defence…if they got to the cabinet you have bigger problems as they are in your house.

regards,
Gixer

Back