Vinyl Friday

Alantoo

Edith Piaf La Vie En Rose

Edith Piaf Non, je ne regrette rien

From the sublime to the gorblimey...

Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band Urban Spaceman

Alan

Blobby159

Brilliant track from an exceptional albumn. My best mate and I were buying jeans up "World's End" in Chelsea back in 1972 and the very hip shop owner put the while album on his shop P.A... Being a tad erm..'worse for wear, but NOT drunk" - well it was King's Road in the early 70s after all - we managed to extract from the D.J. Shop owner what the album was and following a pair of jeans each we made it hot foot to the nearest big record store (quite near the jeans shop I seem to recall) and we each bought a copy of this record. We never looked back and this singular episode started a long and continuous love affair for us both with Steely Dan output!!..

Nice pick there 'K' ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

johngryphon

If you need a fix of bluesy sax then lay back and listen to this gem. Theres harmonica that will drill you.

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Firstly this is seriously impressive and tasteful programming by BBC Radio 3.

Secondly I hadn't realised until tonight that James MacMillan had been knighted but so glad they got it right for once!

A former tenant still has my CD copy of JM's "The Confessions of Isobel Gowdie" which I've not forgiven!

Enjoy:

K

Dalua

To pick up on a couple of themes:
A tune that comes to mind when I'm grinding my coffee, or doing some deep-sea diving, or boiling cabbage and bacon. Still not sure what the song's about, however.

This one, also from Miss Smith, is a lot clearer. I find it remarkably life-affirming: perhaps simple tastes are most satisfactory as they are most easily satisfied. A pig-foot and a bottle of beer... and I wouldn't pay 25c to get in noWHEAH either. Thirty years ago perhaps - but not nowadays.

I think the Urban Spaceman deserves the era-congruent video. 1968, eh - what?

Tangentially

johngryphon

I had the pleasure of seeing Carlos live,wonderful and this track Europa is a good example of his guitar skills.