What happened to "Edit"?

willie_gunn

For some reason when I look at my recent past posts the "Edit" option now seems to have disappeared. This is happening on the laptop, iPad and phone.

What have I messed up??!!

VSS

For some reason when I look at my recent past posts the "Edit" option now seems to have disappeared. This is happening on the laptop, iPad and phone.

What have I messed up??!!
You've been away for a while!
The edit function still exists, but only for a limited period (something like half an hour or so, iirc).
The edit button is the 3 little dots under the left hand side of your post.

AN DU RU FOX

15 mins i think and then the edit option vanishes into the ether. as you see you can extend it a little if need be but you can bet when you slip up its gone.;) or sometimes longer than that arun t ,if you play your cards right :thumb: 19mins since i started.

Last edited:

Erik Hamburger

Yes, moderators, please bring it back or at least extend the time limit.
I often reelise I have made a zpelling or granmatactical mistake, or want to chance the tone of my post, 15 min is too short.

Alantoo

15 mins i think and then the edit option vanishes into the ether. as you see you can extend it a little if need be but you can bet when you slip up its gone.;) or sometimes longer than that arun t ,if you play your cards right :thumb: 19mins since i started.
It is 30 minutes in the general forums but as I discovered accidentally recently it is as it always used to be in the classifieds forums...I was able to go back and update an expired link from a couple of years ago...most refreshing.

Alan

csl

Administrator
Site Staff

Currently set to 30 mins.

It’s a compromise between stopping people from changing their mind after everyone had answered and the decent reason of correcting mistakes.

If you have a good reason to edit you can ask admin.

willie_gunn

Currently set to 30 mins.

It’s a compromise between stopping people from changing their mind after everyone had answered and the decent reason of correcting mistakes.

If you have a good reason to edit you can ask admin.
Thanks Alex. That’s a kind offer, though rest assured I won’t be hassling you because of my OCD about my personal grammar and spelling though!

Alantoo

I always feel uncomfortable seeing OCD written down, surely it should be CDO....
I think you have said that before...

Compulsive Disorder Obsessive?
Compulsive Dis-Order?
Cash On Delivery?
Department Of Corrections
District Officer Commanding
Director Of Communications
Dynamic Creative Optomisation?
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?

Whichever...

Outside 30 mins, so much too late for @willie_gunn to change anything now! :)

Alan

(I had to look a few up.)