What scope do you guys use with your Pard nv007?

Ranger22

I use MTC viper and a Hawke varmint. Base mag on both is 6x which is ok but less is better, 3x would be perfect

rms364

Hawke endurance 4-16x50 on my 17 hmr. Works a treat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tozzybum

Hawke Vantage 3-9x50 happy as Larry with it .67 Quid c/w mounts clear glass ,yes its front parallax but once set jobs a good 1 atb

Sika98k

I was using a Hawke Airmax. And was very disappointed. Great one moment ,poor the next. I was about to put the Pard up for sale when I came across a Kahles CL4-12x52 I had lurking in a cupboard.
To cut a long story short,fitted it up,zeroed it and whacked two foxes last night. Much better view. I am using a laser IR from Clive Ward, can’t remember the name of it but the inboard IR is quite good.

DVS1

PM2 with a srx laser but the Ian Sirrel 75mm IR torch gives good results too.

Scope mag on around 6 or 7 and the Pard on 2x and no issues at all, have played with steel out too 300m and not many foxes are taken at that range at night so ample for my needs.

Primate

Can you elaborate on the poor experience with the Airmax please. It's supposed to be one of the best scopes to use with this unit, and is recommended as such by some of the main retailers. Which scope have you tried?
Cheers.
I was using a Hawke Airmax. And was very disappointed. Great one moment ,poor the next. I was about to put the Pard up for sale when I came across a Kahles CL4-12x52 I had lurking in a cupboard.
To cut a long story short,fitted it up,zeroed it and whacked two foxes last night. Much better view. I am using a laser IR from Clive Ward, can’t remember the name of it but the inboard IR is quite good.

Ttocs

I’ve a 4-16 x 50 Hawke Sidewinder and a Nikko Sterling Diamond 4-16 x 50 on a couple of rifles. They’re both goos with the nv007. However, the Nikko has slightly clearer glass, certainly during the day, and the Hold-Fast ret is very nice to use. Neither compares to a Zeiss, S&B, Swaro etc, but a decent compromise.
The most important features that influence scope choice are the lens coatings (you can only go by recommendation here) and close range focus (ir, having a longer wavelength than weight light is not bent as much by the scopes lenses). Look for a scope with parallax adjustment (side focus is easiest) down to 10 yards or you’ll find you can’t focus closer than 50 - 60 yards when using ir. Having said that, I stuck the nv007 on the back of an AGS 3-9 x 40 last night to shoot some rabbits with an old air rifle and it worked ok, a little fuzzy but perfectly usable on 3x (+ mag from nv007) at Airgun ranges.

Acmac25

Hawk frontier 3x15x50 ffp
Hawk endurance 4x14x50
Bushnell elite 6500 2.5x16x50
Delta titanium 4x16x42

Hawk scopes are slightly better than the bushnell at night but only just, bushnell is slightly better during day, delta looks good also, havent had the chance to try it properly yet but looks promising so far.

Ali

norma 308

A quality ir is key
Solaris srx on mine the Clive ward dark sun is great

Orion

The new generation laser IR Illuminators really give best results with the Pard on less than optimal scopes - and extraordinary distance on the better ones.

Solaris SRX, Sirius XTL, or Clive Ward’s Black Sun Dark Engine are the ones currently getting good ratings.

I have Sightron S-Tacs in 56, 50 and 42mm objectives and all with MOA reticles.

BLUEROLL

The new generation laser IR Illuminators really give best results with the Pard on less than optimal scopes - and extraordinary distance on the better ones.

Solaris SRX, Sirius XTL, or Clive Ward’s Black Sun Dark Engine are the ones currently getting good ratings.

I have Sightron S-Tacs in 56, 50 and 42mm objectives and all with MOA reticles.
Totally agree with all of the above.

Sika98k

Can you elaborate on the poor experience with the Airmax please. It's supposed to be one of the best scopes to use with this unit, and is recommended as such by some of the main retailers. Which scope have you tried?
Cheers.
@Primate , I was constantly having to adjust the view using the wheels on the Pard. The Airmax started suffering from a wandering zero. Blamed the mounts, blamed the rail, blamed everything until I swopped out the scope for the Kahles. Still not 100% perfect but an improvement.

JackD032

Hawke Sidewinder 4-16x50 on the 22 and Delta Titanium HD 2.5-15x56 on the 223. Both work very well with the Pard 007. The game changer was a high power laser illuminator, I went for the Sirrius XTL and it’s fantastic.
I would highly recommend the Delta, brilliant day/last light optics and very competent with the Pard/Sirrius at night.

Orion

Have you got the original ‘high power’ XTL that has a ‘halo’ in the centre of the beam, or the upgrade with the additional lens that fills it in but with a slight reduction in output?

JackD032

I’ve got the original and to be honest I’ve never noticed a halo. Don’t know whether I’m lucky or my dodgy eyes can’t pick it up. Whatever, it’s a fantastic bit of kit.