Where in the UK do Stalkers want First Aid Training

Where in the country would people be interested in a EFAW+ Forestry Course or is it a waste of time?

• Gloucestershire & Worcestershire

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Staffordshire & Derbyshire

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Somerset & Dorset

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Warwickshire & Leicestershire

• Lincolnshire

• Suffolk & Norfolk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Think its a waste of time

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lordy

Hi everyone just trying to gauge peoples interest and needs around the country if you or your syndicate want to do it or are required to do the training or feel its a waste of time.

caberslash

Not just where but what and who...

I was lucky enough to be working at an events centre which put on a top flight first aid course for staff after the very tragic Ariana Grande bombing.

The trainer was ex-military but still on reserves, had been a career medic. Actually seen and attended to gunshot wounds and IED blasts, saved numerous lives.

Unfortunately every refresher I've been on since has failed to equal such training. Had to hold my tongue when attending one with a new employer, as the trainer was giving incorrect instruction on the use of a tourniquet, to the point that it would have resulted in a casualty dying from blood loss due to incorrect application (insufficient constriction at the base of the limb).

It's training you hope you'll never have to use, but always want to have. Should be compulsory for anyone holding an FAC.

Musketeer

First Aid Training is very important.

One day last year I was walking to the school to pick up two of our foster children and saw a group of six adults kneeling around a child on the pavement. Being ex-police, I'm somewhat inquisitive and crossed over to take a closer look. The child was barely conscious, grey and his lips were blue. One woman was stuffing her fingers down the child's throat. I realised his airway was blocked and asked if he had something stuck in his throat. "Yes, yes a hard boiled lolly came off the stick, we have called an ambulance" Basically the boy was dying whilst they waited for help to arrive. Mother was frantic, and no one else knew what to do.
I grabbed the boy, threw him over my arm, so he was upside down and slapped him between the shoulder blades hard, I mean harder than you would feel comfortable, but there was no choice.

I hit him three times and with the last strike, the boiled sweet came flying out onto the floor in a small pool of vomit and the child breathed.

Everyone should be able to do what I did. It's basic first aid for a child choking and it worked text book.
So, I urge you all to take a first aid course, or if you have already, encourage others to do so. I saved a life because I was in the right place, at the right time, and knew what to do.....

Over the years I have attended many First Aid courses, Military, Police and Paediatric First Aid (Foster Caring). A couple of days of your time training might give someone else the rest of their life.

Stu

slider

absolutely everyone should do EFAW, not just stalkers.
I just did my EFAW+F requalification today..

I was in the unfortunate (fortunate??) position to have to perform CPR to a 11 month old child, the grand daughter of a neighbour, she fortunately survived.
The neighbour is the owner of a busy local garage and we got talking about first aid. I couldn't believe it when he send none of his staff were trained and he had no risk assessments in place!

He now has all his staff trained and a defib in the workshop

DK.260

Not just where but what and who...

I was lucky enough to be working at an events centre which put on a top flight first aid course for staff after the very tragic Ariana Grande bombing.

The trainer was ex-military but still on reserves, had been a career medic. Actually seen and attended to gunshot wounds and IED blasts, saved numerous lives.

Unfortunately every refresher I've been on since has failed to equal such training. Had to hold my tongue when attending one with a new employer, as the trainer was giving incorrect instruction on the use of a tourniquet, to the point that it would have resulted in a casualty dying from blood loss due to incorrect application (insufficient constriction at the base of the limb).

It's training you hope you'll never have to use, but always want to have. Should be compulsory for anyone holding an FAC.
I agree mate, there are EFAW trainers ....and there are good EFAW trainers.
I have been lucky enough over the years to have been a military patrol medic and in more recent years first person on scene pre hospital care qualified, so have come across quite a few decent and knowledgable trainers as well as some shockers.
My FPOS qual expired a couple of years ago and rather than spend a heap of my own money (work paid for my last qual) on a week long course getting requalified, I decided on attending a EFAW+F course.
Lordy was the trainer and I have no problem recommending him. He is a properly experienced, knowledgable and informative trainer with sound track record. I just wished he was able to pop up the road to Scotland, where I am now.

tozzybum

It,s a useful life skill tbh ,been doing it since aged 14 <army cadets>and Lordy does a great course and gives u good luck too .Renewed mine in 2019 with him down in Sussex and it was informative ,entertaining and easy to digest .
Went off to Malcs from there and shot 1x Roe and 2x Fallow A great Trip away all round
And C,M my Yorkshire and Scottish relatives would disagree with you a bit of a lot ,"Its grimm up north but it,s reet propper "