Wanted: Alpine Ibex

UK Outfitters

JabaliHunter

If you want an alpine ibex, Austria is now your only realistic choice as a non-local, but get in the queue quick for 2021/22.

As an alternative, I would consider Kazakhstan or Mongolia for a Siberian type ibex; or a bezoar in Turkey. I know people who’ve done both and based on their recommendations, that is where I would go for ibex.

Spanish ibex is not the same thing, but a hunt in Gredos specifically is high on my bucket list. Stunning animals, mountains and scenery that I have travelled through many times... Food and wine is ‘not bad’ either!

NickJ

If you want an alpine ibex, Austria is now your only realistic choice as a non-local, but get in the queue quick for 2021/22.

As an alternative, I would consider Kazakhstan or Mongolia for a Siberian type ibex; or a bezoar in Turkey. I know people who’ve done both and based on their recommendations, that is where I would go for ibex.

Spanish ibex is not the same thing, but a hunt in Gredos specifically is high on my bucket list. Stunning animals, mountains and scenery that I have travelled through many times... Food and wine is ‘not bad’ either!
I'm ignorant about ibex and the sub species/strains sorry. I'm very keen to hunt one in Spain. My brother in law has had some cracking hunts and taken some lovely old beast on a reserve west of Valencia in the high hills.

gr1ffer

I'm ignorant about ibex and the sub species/strains sorry. I'm very keen to hunt one in Spain. My brother in law has had some cracking hunts and taken some lovely old beast on a reserve west of Valencia in the high
If your keen on ibex in Spain or Kyrgyzstan let me know I’ve hunted ibex in both places several times now and I have freinds who have very good set ups in both locations.

mawch

You mean one of those 🙃? Fantastic beasts and difficult hunting! JabaliHunter is right and Valais is now closed to foreign hunters. It was a very expensive hunt for foreigners (I m Swiss). If you re still looking I can enquire about other cantons.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201217-205019_Dropbox.jpg
    Screenshot_20201217-205019_Dropbox.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 26
Leica Amplus 6