Wanted: Alpine Ibex

If you want an alpine ibex, Austria is now your only realistic choice as a non-local, but get in the queue quick for 2021/22.

As an alternative, I would consider Kazakhstan or Mongolia for a Siberian type ibex; or a bezoar in Turkey. I know people who’ve done both and based on their recommendations, that is where I would go for ibex.

Spanish ibex is not the same thing, but a hunt in Gredos specifically is high on my bucket list. Stunning animals, mountains and scenery that I have travelled through many times... Food and wine is ‘not bad’ either!

If you want an alpine ibex, Austria is now your only realistic choice as a non-local, but get in the queue quick for 2021/22.

As an alternative, I would consider Kazakhstan or Mongolia for a Siberian type ibex; or a bezoar in Turkey. I know people who’ve done both and based on their recommendations, that is where I would go for ibex.

Spanish ibex is not the same thing, but a hunt in Gredos specifically is high on my bucket list. Stunning animals, mountains and scenery that I have travelled through many times... Food and wine is ‘not bad’ either!
I'm ignorant about ibex and the sub species/strains sorry. I'm very keen to hunt one in Spain. My brother in law has had some cracking hunts and taken some lovely old beast on a reserve west of Valencia in the high hills.

I'm ignorant about ibex and the sub species/strains sorry. I'm very keen to hunt one in Spain. My brother in law has had some cracking hunts and taken some lovely old beast on a reserve west of Valencia in the high
If your keen on ibex in Spain or Kyrgyzstan let me know I’ve hunted ibex in both places several times now and I have freinds who have very good set ups in both locations.

You mean one of those 🙃? Fantastic beasts and difficult hunting! JabaliHunter is right and Valais is now closed to foreign hunters. It was a very expensive hunt for foreigners (I m Swiss). If you re still looking I can enquire about other cantons.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201217-205019_Dropbox.jpg
    Screenshot_20201217-205019_Dropbox.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 63
Good Alpine ibex will cost you from 10-25k in Austria now.
Had a few local friends do it and great hunt but fair chunk of money.
The spanish ones are totally different and in my opinion not hard to hunt at all. My Beceite was a walk in the park, Gredos harder but stunning lodge and scenery, and the ronda and south eastern more harder with longer shots but each hunt always done on day 1.

Turkey is a good place for Bezoar but prices have risen sharply in the last decade and what was €5000 then you need pay €9500+ for now.
There are also many unscrupulous guides there so need go with one of the well known ones.

If it’s your first “mountain” type hunt I’d honestly say go to Slovenia, Austria, Romania, Croatia, Bulgaria for a Chamois. There are a variety of sub species there and varying prices ( Croatia, Slovenia cheapest) with some very good outfitters.

Back