Avoiding Confrontations

Steve curry

The only trouble I ever have is game syndicates.they think they own the countryside. Try poaching my shooting rights etc.not saying there all the same just the a..e holes where I shoot

MAH

No problem, be polite and walk away , saying " that's your opinion as I have mine, do what you have to do" " have a pleasant day goodbye"
That would be my approach too. And I would add, if they have confronted you, they will have had time to prepare, you should assume you are being filmed/recorded. So being calm and polite will give you the greater inner satisfaction of not taking the bait..
M.

Boomerang

Maybe you should all cut and paste this letter below to Boris and your local MP in response to his creation of a new office:

Britain will have toughest trophy hunting rules in the world as Government announces ban of 'morally indefensible' act

I would also suggest adding that any such appointment should not be made until Boris keeps his earlier pledge when MP for Richmond to stop any expansion of Heathrow Airport (which will have a far greater environmental impact) and that Boris and Zac's time would be better spent lying in front of bulldozers at Heathrow...

Just staying...

Jens Ulrik Høgh
12 hrs ·

Open letter to Boris Johnson.
:)
Dear Boris,
Over the weekend it has been announced, that the UK government under your leadership will try to find a majority in the British parliament for a hunting trophy import ban - a potential disaster to wildlife conservation around the globe.
Apparently, you have appointed a well-known animal rights fanatic - Zac Goldsmith - to be "Minister for International Wildlife". A new position seemingly created with a wish to interfere with the nature management of other nations.
The third world countries that will be affected by a ban have actually done an excellent job when it comes to nature conservation. This is a well-documented fact. They have achieved great results with a fact-based approach utilizing all efficient nature conservation tools including hunting tourism. This was recently confirmed in a letter to the peer-reviewed scientific journal "Science" in which 133 international nature conservation professionals from the scientific community documented that: "Trophy hunting bans imperil biodiversity"
However, in spite of the scientific consensus, I understand that the British government wants to push an import ban on purely moral grounds. This is populistic virtue-signaling, it is anti-scientific, and it is neo-colonial arrogance towards African nations.
I personally do not mind whether or not your girlfriend is a passionate anti-hunter. I do not mind that you invent new positions for your political friends. I do understand that all of this would be a nice political diversion from Brexit.
However, I do mind if the British government takes out frustrations on the wildlife of our world. I do mind the interference with successful African nature management. I do mind if you destroy the livelihood of tens of thousands of people in rural Africa.
So, unless you have a proven viable alternative to hunting tourism I suggest you listen to science, and I suggest you start with the IUCN - an organization that several official British nature authorities are a part of.
I hope this is all a mistake and I trust you to clear it up. "Boris the wildlife destroyer" would be a sad political legacy for the history books.
Kind regards
Jens Ulrik Høgh
Nordic Safari Club

paul o'

Sadly us shooters are to far too polite sometimes and too willing to find one knee in the presence of utter dip ***** ,. No bit of paper is worth me getting down and bending over to make some snowflake feel warm and happy on they way home ? better its me and they F**K OFF to cry over a cold cup the green tea and nettle soup .

AN DU RU FOX

I once led a chap on a wild goose chase around a perm , i was walking between fields so as to avoid the country lane also checking for bunnies on the tram lines 40/50 mtrs out when i heard a voice through the hedge ,Does the farmer know that your trampling all his crops while shooting! ,drillings four inches high by the way and i was literally 300yds and coming from the farm house. I totally ingnored him and carried on walking the whole perm with this idiot in tow 100yds behind ,i led him such a dance he didnt even notice i walked him back to the farm upon getting there i shouted paul theres a bloke here for you ,and carried on laughing all the way.

paul o'

No mty in my job i see the old folks and they talk straight and iam a big fan of saying what you mean life's to short to hide behind a force statment and as F,@koff is part of the English language and also includes the meaning of ( A person who wastes time and a malingerer) everyone can understand it when there told even with a smile :rofl: :tiphat: