Browse line!

devon deer stalker

I had a phone call today telling me they were pulling there hair out with the deer.
I just had to take a picture of this, at least they have had some runner beans!

Cheers
​Richard

Highseat job then?
You know your stalking, its the only way i can get a safe shot, garden and adjacent field is theirs but bridleways closeby, just waiting on my seat from Mereside on this site.
They said calling on me was a last resort, they have put in some fencing but barely 5' high, plus too close to a hedge bank, they also tried a load of hair from the local barbers bless em, but the last straw was the roe eating a plant which had sentimental value.
Cheers
Richard

I read in another thread that hanging soap bars up helps keep the deer away from feeders. Could it work here?

Soap bars ??? I will have to try that one :eek: I need something as the 6ft tubes the woodland trust advised me aren't worth a toss !
Iv had a month in hospital incapacitated and in that time red deer have done hundreds of pounds worth of damage, they realise that if they put their weight and lean on the stakes they can bend them enough to get the leaf protruding out the top or the stake will snap and they can snack at their leisure.
The culprits and a large group of hinds and calfs who have got the job sussed, another month or so and they can get ready for sure !!!!!!! :evil:

I did a few visits here but only ever found the damage left behind, they would ring more more often than not in the morning telling me the deer were there, which is also the worst time as a footpath adjacent to their property is used on a regular basis, so when ever i arrived the the deer had gone.
However they rang me last night saying a roe buck was in their field (1 acre), realising i only had 30 minutes of legal time left i jumped in my truck, 20 minutes later i arrived, 1 minute later i had shot the 6 point buck!
Sorry no pics i was in a rush!
Cheers
Richard

Back