Bucket list hunt?

devon deer stalker

I think colarado, good numbers of bear as well again it will be with the bow DIY no way of dragging an elk its just taking the hanches front legs and the rest of the meat out in stages
Colorado has plenty of over the counter Elk tags from what I understand, but, it also has some brutal country, and the elevations can be a killer.
I took my family there, 3 of us were fine, but it affected my wife in a really bad way.
I took my 19 and 14 year old with me and we did a hike up Quandary peak, over 14'000, found ourselves in a snow shower on 6th of July, and walking amongst Mountain Goats!
Cheers
Richard

Cootmeurer

Colorado has plenty of over the counter Elk tags from what I understand, but, it also has some brutal country, and the elevations can be a killer.
I took my family there, 3 of us were fine, but it affected my wife in a really bad way.
I took my 19 and 14 year old with me and we did a hike up Quandary peak, over 14'000, found ourselves in a snow shower on 6th of July, and walking amongst Mountain Goats!
Cheers
Richard
Brother Scott has a small ranch in CO and has quite a bit of experience out there. Due to the elevation and terrain there are many many miles of land that only holds game transitionally. The elk especially migrate with winter, so having a tag in area still leaves you completely dependent on the migration/weather. As a landowner he usually has at least 2 tags, and this year he failed to fill them. The winter in CO was actually milder than it has traditionally been, so the elk that migrate down through his ranch to the low country stopped short (2-3 miles away, and never continued down). As a general rule, early/archery/Sept season finds them high in the timber and tough to access. Late season finds them congregating at lower elevation (often destroying farmers hay piles). The Oct-Dec in between months are anybody's guess.

All in all, still a great place to knock around.

Buckaroo8

Apologies for the delay in replying to this. I have just had confirmation through that there is no baiting for bears in any circumstance in PA.

Only in certain areas deer can be baited.
Ok, So permits are for baiting deer to shoot them in Pennsylvania, the fair chase state.

stubear

I've done a driven boar hunt - loved it and would like to do more!

I'm talking about going to Africa next year with some mates which is definitely on my list.

I also really want to get to Alaska and/or Scandinavia to hunt elk and moose, I'd like to go after mouflon at some point (in Austria or Switzerland or something) and a cape buff is up there as well.

Closer to home I've yet to shoot sika and red deer, though I'm hoping to bag one of the latter at our ground in Scotland this year.