Bucket list hunt?

wildfowler.250

So has anyone on here got a bucket list hunt? Or one booked in the near future?

Turning 30 next year and always been tempted by Africa but thinking Spain for an Ibex might be a more affordable second option,(don’t want to dream of Africa then do it on the cheap)

Interested to hear what everyone has done or planning!

VSS

I would love to hunt in Eastern Europe. Not driven though. I'm not sure what it is about the area that appeals to me, but something does! I'm not an experienced traveller - don't even have a passport - so any trip abroad would be a huge adventure for me.

tusker

Moose in Estonia, I have twice now had one in my sights but unable to shoot because of it not being safe. Also I would like to get a Mouflon possibly in CZ.
VSS you would love eastern europe. Great traditional hunts and great beer, the women are also very attractive.
Tusker

Hunt-Inter

So has anyone on here got a bucket list hunt? Or one booked in the near future?

Turning 30 next year and always been tempted by Africa but thinking Spain for an Ibex might be a more affordable second option,(don’t want to dream of Africa then do it on the cheap)

Interested to hear what everyone has done or planning!
Spain doesn't have to be mega price 2200E for a small ibex and two females...

wildfowler.250

Interesting to hear the replies! I should probably just book it like you say.. VSS a passport application is definitely in order :lol:

scotch_egg

I planned a black bear for my 30th. Amazingly I was blessed with a daughter instead. We had been trying for some time.

My daughter started school last September and was was asked what she wanted to do when she was older. “Shoot a black bear with my dad” was her response.

According to my wife it upset some of the other children and staff.

Hopefully I will be hunting for black bear in Pennsylvania this November. It is a fair chase state. No baiting or hunting with hounds.

wildfowler.250

Already done it, Elk and Deer self guided public land hunt in Montana, just have to think about another one to add to the list now.
Cheers
Richard
Thought about doing this,(state hunts) a lot. Are you UK based and did you draw for tags? How much time did you spend over there for the hunt? I imagine it would take weeks just to get your bearings and scout the ground? Fair play!

wildfowler.250

I planned a black bear for my 30th. Amazingly I was blessed with a daughter instead. We had been trying for some time.

My daughter started school last September and was was asked what she wanted to do when she was older. “Shoot a black bear with my dad” was her response.

Hopefully I will be hunting for black bear in Pennsylvania this November. It is a fair chase state. No baiting or hunting with hounds.
Love that! Good luck for November!

Woodsmoke

I had a dream trip back in 2013. I was lucky enough to invited for a weeks whitetail hunting in Southern Georgia. What an experience!!! As said above, if you have the notion, and can make it happen don't put it off. You'll only ever regret the things you don't do (not counting my experience in the Calypso Bar in Gib' in the late 80's. But that's another tale altogether)

VSS

Interesting to hear the replies! I should probably just book it like you say.. VSS a passport application is definitely in order :lol:
You could be right, although applying for my first passport as a middle aged man bearing a striking resemblance to Bin Laden it might not be as straightforward as just filling in a form!

wildfowler.250

I had a dream trip back in 2013. I was lucky enough to invited for a weeks whitetail hunting in Southern Georgia. What an experience!!! As said above, if you have the notion, and can make it happen don't put it off. You'll only ever regret the things you don't do (not counting my experience in the Calypso Bar in Gib' in the late 80's. But that's another tale altogether)
Sounds great! Not fancied going back?

devon deer stalker

Thought about doing this,(state hunts) a lot. Are you UK based and did you draw for tags? How much time did you spend over there for the hunt? I imagine it would take weeks just to get your bearings and scout the ground? Fair play!
Yes I live in Devon, drew the tags, planning is key and making contacts over there, 10 days minimum, I did 2 weeks, it is achievable, Elk is the tough bit, deer is easier, so allocate the first week to Elk, second week to deer.
Cheers
Richard

Pine Marten

Congratulations! My son, who I refer to on here as YPM, also says things like that in his second year of school in London, but I'm not aware he's upset anyone. I know he's given his class a lecture on fishing when they were discussing "Calm activities". That's how I know that he's fully aware that you have be quite, patient, still and so on. It's just that he can't actually bring himself to act that way!

Anyway, the other day, he told me that:
1. He likes my friend's over and under better than my Brno side-by-side
2. But he understands it's someone else's, so he'll take mine when he grows up (fine, I'll have an excuse to buy a new one!)
3. He wants to go hunting with me when he grows up (I said I'd be delighted, and his little sister can come too. He said only boys go hunting. I set him straight on that one)

Now, back to the topic at hand: I would like to go on a horseback moose and caribou hunt in the Yukon in September. All I need is twenty grand and two weeks off from work and family, with no guilt attached so that I can enjoy it properly. Alternately, double the budget so everyone can come. "Everyone" is about to include an extra person, anytime now, so I think that may rather delay the plan as well as increase the budget. But still, daydreams are free!