Calling whisky gurus

A Guy Out West

The right day will be when I come down to rattle your cage. Hold on to a couple of mouthfuls of that stuff. The perfect beverage for after bird watching… or really, anything else.

John Gryphon

Remember 'just a knife' ? Its Davids bottle,I bought if for him and had it engraved in the UK with mine and the kids names for his surprise 70th birthday.
When he gave me the knife/knives he also gave me his unopened bottle. I had said more than a few times over the last few years "its time to open that bottle mate"
He always replied "no not until you are present to share"
The bottle will be opened at his gravesite,he knows this and I said to him " don`t be a **** and make a flower vase fall over or something like that because I will schitt myself ha ha "

He had a very hearty laugh at that.

Finch

I imagine that will be outstanding. Regular Caol Ila is damn fine. I don't drink whisky any more but I like to be present when that is opened just for the scent that will fill the room.

JockStalk

Nice smoky dram. Reminds me of a night in the malt mill in Embra, with (allegedly) the largest range of single malts in Scotland. We started at ‘a’, I recall we had a Caol Isla, so we must have got to the ‘c’s....bit hazy though.

Swedish

That will be nice drink JG, as a friend of mine (environmental lawyer) in the mid-west USA says: "Whiskey's for dinkin', water's for fightin'!"

kes

You lucky ba*****. Caol Ila is exceptional - 30 years old ? - well I go to the bottom of our stairs !

wytonpjs

As others have said, Caol Isla is one of the best Islay malts IMHO and I have a selection of SMWS younger bottlings currently on the go but none as fine as that you have. You will not be disappointed - if you are, I’ll kindly assist :thumb:

Currently finishing off (very slowly) some 1956 Talisker - I bought 2 bottles in Cupar to take down South in the immediate aftermath of Op CORPORATE and only one returned:doh:

dawnbreaker

I imagine that will be outstanding. Regular Caol Ila is damn fine. I don't drink whisky any more but I like to be present when that is opened just for the scent that will fill the room.
I have to say my favourite dram is the balvenie carribean cask 14 yr

dawnbreaker

Red breast 12 yr old single pot still irish whiskey , or scotch would be the balvenie carribean cask 14 yr or the balvenie 12 yr double wood