DMQ level 1 and 2 changes

Corvid

Apparently if registering after 1st of april trained hunter qualification to be part of level 2
And only one icr instead of 3 for level 2 if I'm reading it correctly
Details in spring issue of keeping the balance NGO magazine

I was reading this info this afternoon and was going to post the same a few hours ago
wont affect me but thought this would have been highlighted previously

Apparently if registering after 1st of april trained hunter qualification to be part of level 2
And only one icr instead of 3 for level 2 if I'm reading it correctly
Details in spring issue of keeping the balance NGO magazine
Can you post a link please

can anyone advise if you haven't passed all the Section (I have) prior to 1st April if the 3 year re set applies and you still have trained hunter????

Just wondering about the re sit as there were a few who failed different sections who were on my course and don't think they will have been able to re sit due to covid-19 so do they only need to re sit the part they failed (within 3 years) or have to pass DSC2 to get Trained Hunter????

Looks like they are trying to get more cash and get more people through dsc2. One stalk makes it very quick I suppose
Here we go again. The very lame 'more cash' comment. After all the comments (100's if not 1000's on here) saying that DSC1 doesn't teach you enough to be able to inspect a carcass, that is a pretty daft statement. Just perhaps they're trying to improve standards and make sure a minimum standard gralloch and carcass inspection has been demonstrated by the Trained Hunter?

Here we go again. The very lame 'more cash' comment. After all the comments (100's if not 1000's on here) saying that DSC1 doesn't teach you enough to be able to inspect a carcass, that is a pretty daft statement. Just perhaps they're trying to improve standards and make sure a minimum standard gralloch and carcass inspection has been demonstrated by the Trained Hunter?
There is nothing wrong with trying to get more cash or more people through dsc2? Got the wrong end of the stick there buddy

There is nothing wrong with trying to get more cash or more people through dsc2? Got the wrong end of the stick there buddy
So what you actually mean is that it's a way for them to get more people to be better qualified and provide better assurance for our venison. Nothing to do with money? DSC2 is never going to make DMQ rich!

So what you actually mean is that it's a way for them to get more people to be better qualified and provide better assurance for our venison. Nothing to do with money? DSC2 is never going to make DMQ rich!
Yes but all business need to generate revenue and as well as providing a service, that can motivate those running the business.

Now I'm not normally one to slate folks getting a qualification in something should they wish but........

So because the dmq which these bodies scratched their heads together to invent doesn't cover sufficiently the relevant target areas in enough detail "surely they should have thought this at the concept stage" then they're stating that you need another qualification to now reach this goal...
Sorry but just get there act together and supply the necessary in the level one instead of year upon year cutting the amount of days required to sit it....
Shambles absolute shambles..

Back