Dog food

Whole rabbit as is deworms, its the fur etc.

I’ve asked 4 vets that de worming thing about fur in rabbit and told categorically load of rubbish...

But then spoke. To folk who swear by it ..... hey ho ... as said earlier of it works for you go for it ....

6 + 3 = 9

But so does

5 + 4

So what works go for it

Basic rules are if bones then raw only not cooked...
My understanding is a dogs stomach / digestive acidity higher than ours and can handle them fine

Diced carrot and apples thrown in etc ( no seeds cores)

Dogs do fine ....

Bit of panacur every 4-6 weeks over 3 days

If buying in I buy from

Theyloveit.co.uk

Feed raw.
Between 2 working cockers:
Breakfast. 1 pack of Natural Instinct Mince shared for breakfast.
Evening. A mixed up choice of Chicken thighs, wings, necks, feet, duck wings, necks, feet, turkey necks, whole chicken carcass, salmon heads, rabbit heads, mackrel, herring, sprats, lumps of chicken, beef, liver, tripe, lamb bones. Venison bones from legs, ribs, neck and sometimes solid lumps of venison if i have too much in the freezer.

Part boiled veg to break down the starch. Bought 400ml square tubs from Lakeland to boil up a batch and freeze.
Broccoli, cauliflower, peas, peppers, carrots, turnip, green beans.
If using bones, under no circumstances any that have been cooked.
I feed 1 dog 2.5% of his body weight per day and the other more active one 3%.

If feeding raw you could use kibble (i dont) but not raw and kibble in same meal as they digest at different rates.
Wet soggy kibble sticks to a dogs teeth is just like you eating a jammie dodger, it sticks. This is why i chose to do raw food diet. Better mouth (teeth, gum) hygiene. My dogs have no plaque on their teeth.
Oh and the term ‘Working Dog’ on a bag of kibble doesn't mean its for working dogs, its a fiddle to sell it vat free.

Back