Female Leopard

goathunter1

I must say I have no idea Tusker, but in Zimbabwe last week the restrictions on any Leopard were tightening. It's getting to the stage where you have got to have a big old tom - and be "sure" it's a big old tom - before you even think of pulling the trigger.
I just can't think that in Namibia you would ever be permitted to hunt a female - but we shall see how this post develops. There is so much knowledge on this forum. It's impressive.

RickyC

No that was stopped a while ago in Namibia ,no countries will allow females to be shot with varying consequences dependent on country.The C.A.R for example is double the trophy fee if a female is shot.

Can anyone solve a friendly argument? Can a female Leopard be hunted in Namibia under any conditions?
thanks, Tusker
yes, they may and if can proof it is a danger for human life or domestic animals...like the old PAC (problem animal control) license or todays DAC (Dangerous animal control) license...

Safari Hunter

Depends what you mean by hunted under any conditions. You will not get a hunting permit for a female Leopard in Namibia but if it is a problem animal it can be shot above as Patrick said.