Glenn Jaye

I live in British Columbia, Canada in the city of Prince George. I have been in the Canadian Military and, subsequently, was a Peace Officer until I retired some years ago. I am a graduate firearms service technician and I repair, modify and refinish both modern and nor-so-modern firearms. I am particularly interested in long arms as I am an avid hunter living in close proximity to some of the best hunting territory in the world. We hunt deer (both Whitetail and Mule), moose, elk, cariboo, black bear (Grizzly are here but the cost is awesome), wolf and coyote as well as game birds and rodents (read:rabbit).

My hunting rifle is a Winchester Model 88 in .284 cal. The ballistics are close to a 7mm. but the cartridges haven't been available commercially for years so I reload ... lots.

MrGlennJaye

Thank you for your rapid response ... glad to be here. From the small part of this site that I've visited, I am impressed with the participation level. I have been on sites where it may go months without anyone replying to a post. This is quite refreshing

nick.308

interesting first post glenn. I like the way you say "long arms". I guess that means rifles? Here in the UK short arms are illegal without special/specific permission so long arms is all we can use. Please could you explain in brief what firearms are available to the average canadian and how obtaining hunting permission works over with you? I am not familiar how it works over there but would love to know.
Nick

camodog

Thank you for your rapid response ... glad to be here. From the small part of this site that I've visited, I am impressed with the participation level. I have been on sites where it may go months without anyone replying to a post. This is quite refreshing
Welcome Glen. The reasoning for this is we love to tease ! Response times are epic.....Just try starting a 'thread' about head-shots/heads/.270 is an awful calibre....see how quick the response is !!!
Enjoy the SD Masiff!

Stalker1962

Nice introduction.
Thank you for your service in both branches.
There is a thread on here about how and why you picked your SD name: I am going to stick my neck out and say you probably can give that a miss.:)
Welcome onboard and enjoy the ride.

geoffw

Nice introduction.
Thank you for your service in both branches.
There is a thread on here about how and why you picked your SD name: I am going to stick my neck out and say you probably can give that a miss.:)
Welcome onboard and enjoy the ride.

Picky picky. Some of us take a Ronseal approach to these matters.
@MrGlennJaye - welcome. With those technical skills maybe you can help @Stalker1962 with fishing rod repair advice? ;)