How do I...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
1) How do I post in Classifieds?
2) How do I send Private Messages (now know as ‘Conversations’)?
3) How do I post images/attachments?
4) How do I reset my password?
5) How do I update my email?
6) How do I mark my Classified thread SOLD?
7) How do I delete Profile Posts (posted on users Profiles)

Check below...

1) How do I post in Classifieds?

You need to be a Full Member (have 30 posts to the forum and been registered for 30 days) to create Classifieds ads. If you sign up to Trade Member or Supporter you are automatically upgraded to Full Member. You can respond to other peoples ads but please don't place your own advert there, if you do your post will be removed pretty quickly. Don’t ‘post count boost’ to get your count to 30. These posts will be removed, your access to Classifieds will be lost and your account may be suspended.

You can read the full rules here: Classified Rules - Please Read!

2) How do I send Private Messages (now know as ‘Conversations’)?

Conversations are stored up in the top, right corner. They are all stored (sent to & received from) under one folder (the Inbox).

Messages imported from the old system will look a bit odd (from you and from your recipient) stored under the Inbox. You should be able to work it out, they have To and Subject. Going forward under the new system it will make more sense.

Old System

New System
Under the new system there is a separate message that you, or whoever you invite later to join the conversation, will be able to see and respond.

Let's start a conversation...

At this point I have sent the message but my recipient hasn't responded. My "Testing..." message just has the text I have sent.

Then a message turns up...

I open it, and this time, I see what I sent and what he sent me. Over on the right I see the list of people who can see this message. I can add people to the Conversation Participants but you must bear in mind that they will then see the entirety of the conversation up to now.

Your Inbox will store your conversations like this:

All those Conversations after 12th November 2018 will be stored To/From under one line, click to open them and it will display To/From like a forum thread.

Note: sending anything that is a notification of a Conversation by email goes straight in the bin as it is is a just a notification. If you wish to reply you must do it via The Stalking Directory web site.

You can delete the Conversation like this...

You get two choices...

3) How do I post images/attachments?

There are 3 ways to post images (or media). If you have posted less that 5 messages only option 3 is available.

1) There is attachments to forum posts (note: you must have 5 posts to the forum) to post attachments. If you sign up to Trade Member or Supporter you are automatically upgraded to Full Member.

When you are creating a post to the forum you can attach the image like so:

2) Media (Gallery) is somewhere you can store images that are
independent of the Forum (note: you must have 5 posts to the forum). If you sign up to Trade Member or Supporter you are automatically upgraded to Full Member. 'Media' is meant for Deer/Stalking related activities. Items for sale, in Conversations (PMs) and random photos will be deleted. Items for sale should be stored as Attachments to posts above.

If you want to use them in the forum you can simply copy/paste the BB code into a post. This is very useful if it information or a image that keeps on coming up.

3) 3rd Party Hosting (Imgur: The magic of the Internet for example)

When you press Copy it copies the URL over then you just paste it where you want it in the post text...

Code:
https://imgur.com/a/I2IehWg

4) How do I reset my password?

1) You are logged in and know your password

You go to the top right of the screen and click Password and security

2) You aren't logged in, or you don't what your password is

You will get an email saying someone tried to reset your password. If it wasn't you then discard it. If it was you then click the green button and make sure the site loads up as https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk...

The server will reset your password and you can log in.

5) How do I update my email?

It's vital your email address is up to date. It uses your email to reset your password. It also sends notifications of Conversations (Private Messages) and Watched Forums you've signed up to receive. Go up to the top, right of the screen and click the Password and security link.

Enter your new email address...

You should get this email. Make sure it does go into the Spam folder. Click the button to confirm your email address.

6) How do I mark my Classified thread SOLD?

When your Classified Ad is successful you need to close the advert. There are two ways you can do it.

1) Using the SOLD prefix

Your Advert has a check box by it, tick it. The down the bottom of the screen a green menu has popped up. Choose "Apply prefix..." and click "Go".

Choose SOLD and click "Confirm".

Your Classified Ad now says is SOLD.

Also available is the "Lock" option which stops people from replying. Please note that locking an Advert while it is still available is acceptable, but any buyers might be more wary and avoid!

2) Deleting the Classified Ad entirely

The alternative way of doing 1) or 2) is from within the Classified Ad.

7) How do I delete Profile Posts

You might want to delete a post you’ve made on a user’s profile. You might have made an error, or think the profile page is private between you and another user. The profile page is public between everyone who logs in. If you want to speak privately to another user you can choose to start a Conversation with them. See 2) above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.