How do you include an image in a PM?

Alantoo

The image insert button in a PM header bar does not allow you choose an image on your hard drive, it just asks for a web link.

Dragging and dropping an image to the text box does not work like it does on an ordinary post.

Any ideas?

Alan

Highlandsjohn

One way.. You have to have the photograph hosted and then copy and paste it fro m IMGUR for example then click the paperclip..

Cottis

Use a photo sharing website like imgur. It means you do not have to clutter your own drive and it is a much better way to display pictures in whatever size you want without putting a strain on the SD hosting.

Alantoo

Thank you all for the replies, I was just hoping there might be something I had overlooked so that I didn't have to set up an account and upload images elsewhere.

I also wondered if there was a glitch in the forum software that admin could investigate because the PM header has a button for external link as well as image insert, but the image insert dialog just asks for a link...why bother with the image button if they both just do the same thing?

As everything else appears to be similar between the PM text box and the forum thread response text box I wondered why the insert of images from your local hard drive address or through the drag and drop of images was not available...

Its easy, send pm saying if you want pictures, you send me your email addy.
Neil.
Yes that is what I have done in the past..and is what I happened to be doing today...which prompted this post looking for a simpler solution.

Alan

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
I also wondered if there was a glitch in the forum software that admin could investigate because the PM header has a button for external link as well as image insert, but the image insert dialog just asks for a link
No, it’s on purpose. We don’t need images using up SD space as private messages (Conversations) when you’ve got email for that.