How would a ban on trophy imports affect your decisions?

Would a ban on the import of hunting trophies affect how and what you hunt abroad?

• Yes, I would not bother to hunt the animals that I would have done

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • No, I would continue to hunt the same animals

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • I would still want to hunt some of the animals that I would have, but not all

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I would hunt even more animals than I would have done

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I don’t hunt abroad anyway so it wouldn’t affect me

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

Buckaroo8

Don't think your idea will work, Zambezi explains pretty much why, the same for overseas hunters coming to the UK
not everyone wants to pay for a trophy head but those that do keep the enterprise going .
You can't expect everyone to pay trophy prices for a run of the mill animal, and charge everything at cull animal
prices is unrealistic .
From what I hear, people think that the trophy is the experience itself, not the antlers/horns etc.
In Big Game fishing we’re happy to take a photograph as a trophy and it still ain’t cheap!

starr shot

From what I hear, people think that the trophy is the experience itself, not the antlers/horns etc.
In Big Game fishing we’re happy to take a photograph as a trophy and it still ain’t cheap!
But after the photograph the fish goes back ,it won’t work the same with a Dugga boy.This trophy ban is only the thin edge of the wedge because their ultimate aim is to stop shooting altogether.They use say a rhino as an example saying it’s being driven to extinction.On one of our trips we met with an ecologist who studies these and other animals all over Africa she tells us rhino will never be truly extinct as they breed in captivity and it’s not the hunters it’s the poachers that need stopping.So if they manage to stop hunting who will pay for the patrols etc.Cant see any cash strapped government stepping forward to do this.Sorry went off on a bit of a tangent there to go back taking a photo of a dead animal and bring it back is that not going to be seen as a trophy of the hunt also.Believe me reading the language of these people who want to ban trophy hunting it’s all shooting of animals they ultimately want.

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
What most of these idiots don't even realize is that within Africa there are two main types of Rhino. Black and white. It is the Black Rhino that has been under the greatest threat by poachers, although the Southern White is also at risk. The Northern White is now extinct, due to poachers and corrupt government officials.

Heym SR20

What most of these idiots don't even realize is that within Africa there are two main types of Rhino. Black and white. It is the Black Rhino that has been under the greatest threat by poachers, although the Southern White is also at risk. The Northern White is now extinct, due to poachers and corrupt government officials.
Quite right Malc, indeed I would go as far as to say Corrupt Government officials actively supporting and condoning poaching activities and benefitting hugely. Actively supporting would include sending law enforcement activities off to the other end of country and then using the presidents private army to go in and support, if not carry out the poaching activities.

Cumbrian 1

I always feel compelled after the work a team has put in to get you your animal I have to take it home.

Sometimes it can take weeks to get that one shot, however at my current pace I would need a house the size of the Albert Hall to house all of the animals I would like to take in my lifetime.

If that decision was taken out of my hands then it would save a lot of money to spend on even more hunts.