Husqvarna rifles ??

Roncon1

As above are these any good I have seen one that I really like to look at in 300wm but wondered are they any good and can't seem to find out much about them.
i don't plan on target shooting but given it's a 300 wm I'd like to know it's able to stretch its legs if I fancied it

enfieldspares

It's something that the stalking snobs don't like. Both in maker's name AND calibre. Unless it is dirt cheap it will be a swine to ever sell IMHO compared to even a Parker Hale in .270" or .308".

I'd not even give it a second glance if it was over £ 300. Sounds harsh but in that make and that calibre they make pennies, almost, in Holt's, Bonham's, Gavin Gardiner et al.

Muir

What is wrong with Husqvarna? I have five of them -older rifles, I'll admit- but I have no qualms with them. My 648 Husky is one of my favorite rifles: Fast to the shoulder and deadly accurate.~Muir

Roncon1

Are they fairly accurate Muir ? I'm never that bothered by the opinions of others once they are reliable and shooters that all I'd care about

Last edited:

Uncas

As above are these any good I have seen one that I really like to look at in 300wm but wondered are they any good and can't seem to find out much about them.
i don't plan on target shooting but given it's a 300 wm I'd like to know it's able to stretch its legs if I fancied it
Used one in B.C. 30-06 good rifle with 180gr grand slams the moose didn't like them though.

Sidewinder

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but isn't there a big difference in certain models? Mauser vs non-mauser? Small vs large ring? Some being prized by collectors?

Z

enfieldspares

I don't think that here in UK with our laws that these things have a collector market. Buy on what it does and pay a low price. A Rigby or a Holland and Holland rifle it ain't.

Jagare

Generations of Swedish hunter have used Husky rifles. They don't make much money here in Sweden either. There's a gun shop 45 mins drive from me that ships crate loads of old husky rifles to New Zealand and Canada. They must see the quality in these old rifles.
A visit to the Huskvarna factory museum is well worth a visit if you are in the Jönköping area of Sweden.

Ranger22

Had several clients use them over the years, have no memories of them being bad or inaccurate. If you like it who cares what anybody else thinks.

Muir

Are they fairly accurate Muir ? I'm never that bothered by the opinions of others once they are reliable and shooters that all I'd care about
Some of mine are 70 years old and shoot better than I can hold.~Muir

Muir

Generations of Swedish hunter have used Husky rifles. They don't make much money here in Sweden either. There's a gun shop 45 mins drive from me that ships crate loads of old husky rifles to New Zealand and Canada. They must see the quality in these old rifles.
A visit to the Huskvarna factory museum is well worth a visit if you are in the Jönköping area of Sweden.
And the recipients willingly buy them up. My 9.3x57 is one of the (if not the) most accurate mid-bores I have ever shot and it is a Husqvarna Model 146 based on the 98 Mauser. No idea how old it is but it is blindingly accurate with 286 grn PPU bullets.~Muir

Southern

Old Husky sporting rifles still come into the USA, retailing for about $300, which I think is a fair price. They are in 6.5x55, 8x57, 9x57, 9.3x57. Some are drilled and tapped for older side mounts. They are less than the price of may amateur "sporterized" military Mausers.

And the later commercial models, like the 640 and 648, are beautiful. I saw a Tradewinds in .308 Win at a gunshow which was gorgeous, people just walking past, looking for plastic, which is fine, and has its place. Husqvarna made actions for really nice rifles sold by Browning, for example. I handled a Browning Safari in a Husqvarna Mauser action, true medium size, 7x57 Mauser, just yesterday, priced at $2,500.

Sidewinder

And the later commercial models, like the 640 and 648, are beautiful. I saw a Tradewinds in .308 Win at a gunshow which was gorgeous, people just walking past, looking for plastic, which is fine, and has its place. Husqvarna made actions for really nice rifles sold by Browning, for example. I handled a Browning Safari in a Husqvarna Mauser action, true medium size, 7x57 Mauser, just yesterday, priced at $2,500.
yea thats what I was talking about...some of them get silly money if in mint condition....and then there was a problem with salt in those Browning safaris too, I think.

Last edited:

Essexsussex

Did Zoli not continue this model ? Model 1900 ?
They did, both my centre fire rifles are husky 1900s and are both extremely accurate and well made, and also nice to look at(although the stocks not exhibition grade they are nicely designed). The bolt is very smooth in that design, and generally more - how can I say - svelte and nice to handle, and generally more attractive - than a parker hale.
i do take the point that the resale might be difficult because people don't know what they are buying, but that's why they are cheap to start with, nothing to do with the quality.
In my opinion they offer exceptional vfm particularly because they weren't so popular in the UK as the U.S. I think because there wasn't an importer, And they don't seem to have a fan club because of that. Ditto the Carl Gustav and Zoli made from the same 1900 action. In fact I have been looking for a 270 and would ideally like it in a 1900 action, for all the aforementioned reasons.
The model that Muir posted a photo of is the older Mauser style model.

Roncon1

Cheers for the input I decided to purchase but when I called back this morning it was gone....
lesson learned for the next time me..