Wanted: I want to Beat...

Good afternoon all,

I am new to the sport and until I am ready to shoot myself, I wish to assist in anyway I can around a shoot environment.

Beating obviously springs to mind but willing to do anything in shoots around Herefordshire/ Monmouthshire area.

I live between Monmouth and Hereford but happy and willing to travel.

TIA

Woodsmoke

Kidding aside, beating is a good start but it'll probably limit you as to how many potentially valuable stalking contacts you'd make. What it will do though, is put you into a good position to become more involved in the shooting scene in general. And it's an enjoyable activity in its own right.

I know many are against the DSC1 becoming accepted as a means of entry into stalking, but it is a valuable qualification, and apart from anything else will get you a good grounding in the sport, and will probably open a few door for you, especially if you're new to the sport.

First kn
Kidding aside, beating is a good start but it'll probably limit you as to how many potentially valuable stalking contacts you'd make. What it will do though, is put you into a good position to become more involved in the shooting scene in general. And it's an enjoyable activity in its own right.

I know many are against the DSC1 becoming accepted as a means of entry into stalking, but it is a valuable qualification, and apart from anything else will get you a good grounding in the sport, and will probably open a few door for you, especially if you're new to the sport.
First knowledge bomb 💣, didn't even know you had to attain quals. Cheers now on the BASC site 👍🏻

Woodsmoke

First knowledge bomb 💣, didn't even know you had to attain quals. Cheers now on the BASC site

Sorry, I should've made it clear that it's absolutely not mandatory. Not in the slightest. Although (and this is a drum we keep banging) certain police forces are going against HOG and insisting on it being done as part of first-time FAC applications. I stalked for years, and killed many deer without having sat it. My hand was eventually forced as it was a mandatory prerequisite for a syndicate I wanted to become part of. And to be completely honest, if I managed to take so much value from it, it's easiy to see how good a start it really is for a novice. It's money well-spent. Have a look on the BDS site too though? And there are some free example questionnaires available too, just to give you an idea as to what to expect if you decide to sit the course

Edit: here you go. Save you hunting for it :thumb:

Good afternoon all, (same as earlier post without my email)

I am new to the sport and until I am ready to shoot myself, I wish to assist in anyway I can around a shoot environment.

Beating obviously springs to mind but willing to do anything in shoots around Herefordshire/ Monmouthshire area.

I live between Monmouth and Hereford but happy and willing to travel.

TIA

MARS 4 THERMAL SCOPE SERIES