Lee bench primer adapter broken. Return?

Sheprador1973

Hi all.

Last week I recieved a new Lee bench primer from a very well known online store. Seemed to work well on a few practise loads (5 or so). Anyway, went to use it for the first time for real and it jammed immediately. I cleared the primers from the tray and adapter and tried again. It refused to feed primers from the tray no matter what. On closer inspection one of the cr@py plastic bits on the tray adapter has broken (will attach photos if need be). Wasn’t happy though!

Not very up to date on consumer law, but am I within my rights to request a replacement part? I have sent an email as such but it’s the weekend so no reply yet. Could do without the additional hassle of posting the whole thing back and waiting weeks for a replacement. How do these things usually work?

thanks in advance if you can advise me :)

Highlandsjohn

Hello Sheprador. I have just been gifted one of the bench primers and hear good reports but have no experience in their operation. I do know they can be fed without the tube feeder.
The online folk on here are very good with guarantees but may not carry spare bits. Is there anyone on the forum who lives close that could assist you perhaps. john

Sheprador1973

Hello Sheprador. I have just been gifted one of the bench primers and hear good reports but have no experience in their operation. I do know they can be fed without the tube feeder.
The online folk on here are very good with guarantees but may not carry spare bits. Is there anyone on the forum who lives close that could assist you perhaps. john

Hi John & thanks for the advice. I too have read good reports and it worked very well, albeit very briefly. With the small primer adapter things are fine. As with much Lee stuff it works but is a little 'plasticky'. Here's the problem:

IMG_2514.JPG

Notice the horizontal plastic 'bridge' that runs parallel to the spring has snapped in half. :(

Hoping to hear from the retailer this morning. If not I'll call them later. Their website doesn't list the adapters for sale, only the 'Lee XR/Ergo folding primer tray update':

primer update.jpg
Closest thing from what I can see. Hoping they might send me this pronto so I can get back to the bench (if they don't stock the adapter on its own.

ATB, Shep

Woodsmoke

Just knock the primers in with a hammer? Mind and not hit them too hard though . . . . :-|

***Note: The above post contains traces of facetiousness***

Highlandsjohn

Sheprador, If its easily broken you would think they might have a few in stock,otherwise a full replacement is in order.
I was about to offer you mine to get you going and discovered the one I was given is RCBS.:doh:I must pay better attention, good luck. I use the round Lee hand primer.john

View attachment 99046

Sheprador1973

Sheprador, If its easily broken you would think they might have a few in stock,otherwise a full replacement is in order.
I was about to offer you mine to get you going and discovered the one I was given is RCBS.:doh:I must pay better attention, good luck. I use the round Lee hand primer.john

View attachment 99046

Thats very kind John. Yours certainly looks far more sturdy than the Lee. I would stick with it if I were you. Just heard back and they want me to send the whole lot back. A PITA but so be it. Cheers, P

Andy RV

Send it back and buy something else. I broke the very same part in a lee hand capper.

I seem to remember reading some very poor reviews for the lee bench capper?..