NEWBIE FROM CHESHIRE

Esker

Hi all

I run a business called Shooting LTD selling all manner of... Only joking Admins! ;).. Ok, enough of the 'jokes'. I am from Cheshire and pretty new to the shooting/ stalking scene. I have a local permission where I perform rabbit control for the land owner. I use a .22 air rifle for the time being, and for longer than was intended, but getting myself booked into a range has proven impossible over the past 13 months. The intention is to join a range as soon as possible and get some practise and tuition on the smaller caliber rifles .17, .22 and .243 and then get my FAC and try to amass some more permissions.

Nice to meet you all see you in the threads!

Cheers
Esk

Hi all

I run a business called Shooting LTD selling all manner of... Only joking Admins! ;).. Ok, enough of the 'jokes'. I am from Cheshire and pretty new to the shooting/ stalking scene. I have a local permission where I perform rabbit control for the land owner. I use a .22 air rifle for the time being, and for longer than was intended, but getting myself booked into a range has proven impossible over the past 13 months. The intention is to join a range as soon as possible and get some practise and tuition on the smaller caliber rifles .17, .22 and .243 and then get my FAC and try to amass some more permissions.

Nice to meet you all see you in the threads!

Cheers
Esk
What area of Cheshire are you from?
Regards
Tony

Chester side
If you were closer there is a small range i use that you can shoot out to 300.

Could you drop me a link to their website by chance? I would be happy to travel an hour or so a couple of times a week, especially if the range is worth it.

You've also got Carlton Moor in Staffordshire about an hour away with his 100yard underground range. Mike's also very helpful with folk getting into stalking and runs DSC1 courses there.
Nice one del.gue about Field and Falcon, I'll give them a try as I'm in Stoke.

Carlton Moor looks very interesting, I'll definitely give them a call. Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated!

I’m in the same position. Only fired air rifles but ready to move up to things that go bang!
What are you planning to get involved in? I don't know how you have faired but I hope the coming lockdown easing will make it easier for those of us trying to get into the sport.

I‘ve been controlling the bunnies and rats on my permission but there are quite a few foxes and roe deer too. The land owner is planning on keeping chickens so would like the foxes sorted. He’s happy for me to shoot anything, as long as it’s legal, so I’d like a bit of free range venison ;)

The Surrey police FAC applications resume on 21st June, all being well, so researching options until then. I’d love a range of rifles but my sensible self figures it would be best to get a single ‘all rounder’ for the fox/deer. How about yourself?

Back