Permanent move to Belfast from Surrey

Tinki

Hello everyone ,

Was wondering if the hive mind can help .
So as per title i am moving to Belfast from Surrey and taking my rifles, shotgun and ammo with me ( hopefully) . I have notified both police forces about the move along with the new address. My problem now is the logistics of transporting everything. Surrey police will not advice on the move said ask PSNI . Awaiting reply from PSNI.
Was ndering if anyone has done a similar move post brexit ?
PSNI website gives conflicting information , on one hand it says that dont worry your FAC is perfeclt valid thoughout the Uk on the other they say you need to export everything and re-import it on the other side of the Irish sea .
Thank you everyone .
BR
Tinki

Stalker1962

Belfast is part of the UK.

Treat it as such.

Take responsibility for the safety and security of your firearms and ammunition (as you would on any other day). Try and have you new "security" in place on the day you land.

When you safely arrive in Belfast, inform the PSNI that you have arrived and Surrey that you have left. The same email to both FEO/FLMs will suffice.

When I moved counties it took my new county over a year to make contact. I would very much suspect that the PSNI will be quicker out of the blocks.

Last edited:

sh1kar

Treat it as such.

Take responsibility for the safety and security of your firearms and ammunition (as you would on any other day). Try and have you new "security" in place on the day you land.

When you safely arrive in Surrey, inform them you have done so, and the PSNI that you are now under Surrey's care. The same email to both FEO/FLMs will suffice.

Other way round

kes

Assuming you will be driving over, I would buy a new Brattonsound safe and a roll of bubblewrap and drive with the safe in the car - you can then say they are safe and put it up in your new home when possible. House prices will perhaps allow you to buy a rather larger property so no problem with where to fix the safe later ! Best of luck with your move.

caberslash

I'm sure the locals will be happy to help you if you need help with temporary storage...

143336316-5dc1122d-ccb0-4c27-85d7-c95f2ecabbda.jpg

Tinki

Treat it as such.

When you safely arrive in Belfast, inform the PSNI that you have arrived and Surrey that you have left. The same email to both FEO/FLMs will suffice.

When I moved counties it took my new county over a year to make contact. I would very much suspect that the PSNI will be quicker out of the blocks.
Appreciate the reply , my fear is not to accidentally become a gun smuggler , because no matter how simple we think it is there is no un-ringing that bell . Thank you .

Tinki

Assuming you will be driving over, I would buy a new Brattonsound safe and a roll of bubblewrap and drive with the safe in the car - you can then say they are safe and put it up in your new home when possible. House prices will perhaps allow you to buy a rather larger property so no problem with where to fix the safe later ! Best of luck with your move.
That was the initial plan , but then the whole export license came to the surface . So i thought to ask and see if anyone has done it . A bit of uncharted territory.

Tazz

People keep telling me that ! Ahahha :)
My partner her folks are from Belfast, look at all the pictures of the place it doesn’t stay that green all year round due to long periods of high temperatures and long running droughts

Foxyboy43

Thanks guys for the replies . Much appreciated.
Hmmm. Be careful, assuming you are coming by ferry some companies will only let you carry ammo in the original boxes. You also need to let them know in advance that you are carrying firearms as part of the booking.- you will be asked at the ferry terminal!!
I would also caution against just arriving over here with firearms etc without proper notification and secure storage in place. More than all of this I should mention that assuming you have deer-legal rifles there is not much ground accessible with deer on it! Hence my frequent trips to Perthshire!
PSNI Firearms Licensing Branch can (eventually) be contacted at Firearms@psni.police.uk or on 101 though I prefer the old 02890650222 between 2 and 4 pm - I wish you luck my friend!
Should you wish more info do plz pm me.
🦊🦊

Foxyboy43

Update. I spoke to a dealer pal - as I feared you cannot just bring them with you!!! You must either apply (well in advance) for a NI FAC or transfer them from your RFD to one in NI until you get a local FAC, then you can possess them.
Hope this helps.
🦊🦊

Tinki

Update. I spoke to a dealer pal - as I feared you cannot just bring them with you!!! You must either apply (well in advance) for a NI FAC or transfer them from your RFD to one in NI until you get a local FAC, then you can possess them.
Hope this helps.
🦊🦊
True legend of a man , my fears confirmed. Yes this is what i am getting from trying to understand the new laws and changes . I had a feat that I would need to reapply for an FAC . Guess i need to sort out storage for all my stuff . Appreciate the educated reply . I might take you up on the offer to pick your brain closer to the time . Thank you

Foxyboy43

True legend of a man , my fears confirmed. Yes this is what i am getting from trying to understand the new laws and changes . I had a feat that I would need to reapply for an FAC . Guess i need to sort out storage for all my stuff . Appreciate the educated reply . I might take you up on the offer to pick your brain closer to the time . Thank you
Sure you are only saying what many others think! PM me as required - I know a couple of helpful RFDs who might be of some use.
regards
🦊🦊