Police (Scotland) warning...?

Mick9abf

The fact your having to wait for a return call on something do serious is a worry!! Did they get back to you?? And phone David McKie, you may well get your firearms back a hell of a lot sooner
Unless they’re phoning him on his behalf I’d be doing the same but if the Police haven’t seen him about it my guess is the cop dealing with it is on days off so it can’t be that serious.

Last edited:

pop1

It may be that the police feel that, although they acted as they believe they had to, they have little credibility for the other party's complaint.
I would hope they are exploring that in some detail and without further ado will return Mossypaw's guns with 'advice' much like that above about 'getting involved'.
I dont feel a delay is a sign of a problem - rather the reverse - he could have been arrested by now if the police thought there was anything at all in the story from the sons ex.
Still on the bright side.
I meant that he’s having to wait on sacs calling him back, pretty poor I think, unless he had ten mins to edit. I don’t think the police would aim to return his firearms “without further ado”, that won’t rush in that department

Muirmains

1The most important thing is do not talk to them alone .
2 never admit anything.
3 let them do the talking
4 your answers you cant say no comment because you want your ticket back so try I cant recall or get your lawyer to speak for you. But if they think your being uncooperative they will keep you ticket and your need to pay for an appeal . You dont need to be convicted of assault. It will be civil case the police just need to allege you did something not prove it. This is the sad reality of having a ticket. This mob police scotland are as evil as they come. I feel for you .I know first hand what these bastards are like. Now you will see how the shooting orgs insurance is like. They guys from england and Wales their police somewhat follow the law but up here police scotland do as THEY please

Last edited:

Brittany boy

As a serving police officer and having been in a similar position a few years ago I know the position your in. I have an ASBO against my next door neighbour, he made an allegation I Had accessed police systems to gain information about him which I hadn't, I was then invited to a police office , arrested and interviewed. I was released without charge. Before I left the police station officers from firearms Licencing attended and threatened to take my firearms and shotguns and offerd me the opertunity to put them into remote storage where I could access them but not store them at my own address as they feared I may shoot my neighbour. By day I was a police officer serving the public but when off duty I was considered a risk to public safety.

When I refused I was was threatened by a chief inspector of police Scotland that he would revoke my certificates, my lawyer was the one previously mentioned in this thread. He pointed out that under the firearms legislation the police could dictate where I stored my firearms but not my shotguns which are covered by separate legislation. The CI then said he would still revoke both certs if I did not agree to store both at another address. I agreed to store the firearms at my fathers but would keep the shotguns at my own address. The CI refused and said he was revoking my certs , when my lawyer told him he was acting illegally he agreed but said it could take two years to get the case into court during which time my guns would be in storage and I would have no access. I would also have to declare that I had a previous revocation when I next applied and he would be retired before that date. The lawyer advised me to agree to remote storage with 3 month reviews.
Taking his advice I agreed .

After three months there was no review, after six months there was no review , after nine months with no review I made a complaint against police Scotland and I had the guns returned within a month. I did a freedom of information request and there is none of this information recorded on my firearms certificate according to the police.

For your information the Chief Inspector who acted illegally is now employed by BASC and to be honest David McKie was afraid to go up against him. Make your own decisions and employ an independent solicitor.

In Scotland if the police have sufficient evidence they will arrest you and charge you. If they require to interview you ( normally means they need more evidence) then you will be arrested on suspicion of assault, offered access to a solicitor and interviewed . If following the interview they have sufficient evidence to charge they will. If not you will be released pending further enquiry to seek further evidence and can be subsequently arrested and charged. If you are innocent then put forward your side of events, seize any CCTV available of the incident and the details of any witnesses. The police have a duty to secure evidence to both prove and disprove any allegation ( exculpatory evidence) so they can't just take the complainers witness statements as fact they have to take your witnesses evidence as well and report all the evidence to the procurator fiscal who will make the fimpnale decision as to wether it's in the public interest to proceed to trial.

Despite my own experience I do still have faith in the police and the judicial system, it is a very stressful situation and you have my sympathy. Good luck .

Mickeydredd

By day I was a police officer serving the public but when off duty I was considered a risk to public safety.

For your information the Chief Inspector who acted illegally is now employed by BASC and to be honest David McKie was afraid to go up against him. Make your own decisions and employ an independent solicitor.
Dont hold out much hope for us civvies then!!

Wait until the "BASC-bashers" read the last paragraph......

Muirmains

As a serving police officer and having been in a similar position a few years ago I know the position your in. I have an ASBO against my next door neighbour, he made an allegation I Had accessed police systems to gain information about him which I hadn't, I was then invited to a police office , arrested and interviewed. I was released without charge. Before I left the police station officers from firearms Licencing attended and threatened to take my firearms and shotguns and offerd me the opertunity to put them into remote storage where I could access them but not store them at my own address as they feared I may shoot my neighbour. By day I was a police officer serving the public but when off duty I was considered a risk to public safety.

When I refused I was was threatened by a chief inspector of police Scotland that he would revoke my certificates, my lawyer was the one previously mentioned in this thread. He pointed out that under the firearms legislation the police could dictate where I stored my firearms but not my shotguns which are covered by separate legislation. The CI then said he would still revoke both certs if I did not agree to store both at another address. I agreed to store the firearms at my fathers but would keep the shotguns at my own address. The CI refused and said he was revoking my certs , when my lawyer told him he was acting illegally he agreed but said it could take two years to get the case into court during which time my guns would be in storage and I would have no access. I would also have to declare that I had a previous revocation when I next applied and he would be retired before that date. The lawyer advised me to agree to remote storage with 3 month reviews.
Taking his advice I agreed .

After three months there was no review, after six months there was no review , after nine months with no review I made a complaint against police Scotland and I had the guns returned within a month. I did a freedom of information request and there is none of this information recorded on my firearms certificate according to the police.

In Scotland if the police have sufficient evidence they will arrest you and charge you. If they require to interview you ( normally means they need more evidence) then you will be arrested on suspicion of assault, offered access to a solicitor and interviewed . If following the interview they have sufficient evidence to charge they will. If not you will be released pending further enquiry to seek further evidence and can be subsequently arrested and charged. If you are innocent then put forward your side of events, seize any CCTV available of the incident and the details of any witnesses. The police have a duty to secure evidence to both prove and disprove any allegation ( exculpatory evidence) so they can't just take the complainers witness statements as fact they have to take your witnesses evidence as well and report all the evidence to the procurator fiscal who will make the fimpnale decision as to wether it's in the public interest to proceed to trial.

Despite my own experience I do still have faith in the police and the judicial system, it is a very stressful situation and you have my sympathy. Good luck .
Well you know only to well what your bosses are like I one thing I need to correct you on it sasc that employ Frazer lamb not basc. You might be one or the rare breed a policeman that upholds the law not some thing the likes of lamb make up . Personally I have 0 faith in police scotland .oh and David McKee is a fortune an hour. Disregard put forward you side of events. That's police talk to convict yourself. Dont I have learned the hard way. Let your lawyer talk admit nothing they will use it against you god they even go after there own! That who you dealing with. I would have never believed what they are like unless I experienced it myself. The are no words to describe them without swearing alot. This is not about public safety it about authority. I will give you an example of how they bend something innocent. Say there was a breck in across the road from you. You were stopped walking home
Took your details that's it right. No police scotland if they wanted to refuse you would say something like the circumstances surrounding you been found at the seen of a break in. The only hope you have is if your found not guilty at court. Then they will still take ages to get your guns back. Police scotland run an unlawful unofficial thing that in an event similar to what happen to you. They will not grant a certificate until a period of 5 years has lapsed since your alledged /conviction. Unlawfully but that does not stop them. It because of the cost of an appeal £20000 and if you lose you pay their costs They dont need a conviction it's only need to be alleged for civil court. They say you did something and see if the sheriff believes them great system is it not

Last edited:

Muirmains

Forgot to add they are not really your guns the police just give you temporary privilege to store them they remove that privilege when ever they want for what ever reason they think is valid. Emperor complex that's police scotland