Salmond v Sturgeon

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!

JockStalk

Genuinely, there is no ire. I haven't got a stake in any of this. I'm a non-plussed bystander frankly baffled by the inanity of two of the most embittered and unpleasant people in UK politics cat-fighting over the spoils of failure.
I'm well aware that the devolution disaster was another one of Blair's many fiascos. My SNP reference in that regard was a joke.
Incidentally, Blair is Scottish and I rather look forward to Scottish independence if it means we can expel him. If you're not having our nuclear deterrent, we're not having your megalomaniac sociopaths.
I do believe I’d enjoy buying you a pint

Finch

If the two wee angry ferrets fighting in the sack don't destroy Scotland's economy between them and I am able to move to Aberdeenshire as hoped, I shall be delighted to take pint with you. And I'll stand you a dram. :tiphat:

wirehair

The way I see it is that if the SNP can be decimated then that’ll will bring the other parties into play.
At the moment the SNP have almost free reign with the other parties lagging far behind. If enough people vote for Alba to give a real knock to the SNP then I’m all for it. Even if it leads to a hung parliament.
I think these are going to be interesting elections
Alba are only going for the list seats SNP will will the constituency seats and Alba perhaps a couple of list seats at most.

Pedro

Salmond and Sturgeon between them have done nothing except bring the Scottish political system and the SNP into disrepute and ridicule. I can't see how so many people in Scotland can't see that. My worry is that in the forthcoming election the SNP and the brand new Alba party, which might split the independence vote, but even then, between them, they will both comfortably beat any other party and political view.

But such a beautiful country and (generally) great people.

Foxyboy43

A quote from the Krankie last night:-
"I'll leave other people to judge if my focus has been on the pandemic or not over the past year. People have seen me literally every single day lead the country's fight against Covid and I have literally spent almost every waking moment doing that.”.
Soooo, the various minor items such as her and her government’s handling of a certain case and the various “goings on” involving Fat Boy not so Slim have clearly not caused her a thought. Oh yeah! But just another little bit of a porky to add to just the one or two others.
🦊🦊

opticron1

Just as well no one asked her about why she has covered up Mr Fumble's "inappropriate" actions for the last ten years..... And why the super duper, £200m over budget ferries are going to be even later getting into service (shortage of skilled shipbuilders in Scotland - who knew?).... And just as well the Institute for Fiscal Studies report about the 30% increase in funding per head of population more than the rest of the UK ( due to the Barnett formula) was only made public this morning..... and the admission that a considerable amount of the Scottish Nasty Party's promises (AKA pre election bribes) are built on UK funds and won't be there once the pandemic is over. Financially incompetent politics at it's worst and has been for 14 long years, thanks to Fat Eck and his "loyal" acolyte wee jimmy Krankie .

JockStalk

A quote from the Krankie last night:-
"I'll leave other people to judge if my focus has been on the pandemic or not over the past year. People have seen me literally every single day lead the country's fight against Covid and I have literally spent almost every waking moment doing that.”.
Soooo, the various minor items such as her and her government’s handling of a certain case and the various “goings on” involving Fat Boy not so Slim have clearly not caused her a thought. Oh yeah! But just another little bit of a porky to add to just the one or two others.
🦊🦊
You would be forgiven for thinking they had not been in power for the last 14 years.
Amazing how increasing drug deaths, child poverty, illiteracy, innumeracy, joblessness, healthcare delays, new hospitals 18 years late snd still not open.....
But if we get independence......,..

Finch

Yes, just think how great everything will be when there's no one else to blame for their failures and no one to pay their bills. Should make all the difference.

Foxyboy43

Gosh! Hasn’t it all gone a bit quiet? Except of course the fatone now becoming a novichok denier? Four times he refused to answer on Russia’s “alleged” involvement in these crimes, I am sure it has absolutely nothing to do with his “show” being broadcast on Russian TV but hey ho.
Thinking this “Alba” thing through and further to other threads - is the fatone really trying to split the SNP vote in May or does the ol rascal more strategically see himself as a “kingmaker” as opposed to a “queenmaker”? In the event of his previous party (other political jokes are available) ending up with no overall majority will he offer to support it as required but just maybe on the condition that Mrs K is sent back to her career in Pantomime (the other non-political sort)? The ol boy is nae fool!
🦊🦊

opticron1

Oh, we're still getting all the pre election bullsh*t from Krankie and Fat Eck..... Krankie is still telling us how wonderful she is and what she's going to do in her next five years (time in prison would be my suggestion...) - as in stuff her party hasn't been doing in the last fourteen years! She's gone all coy and quiet about the fact that three members of the SNP finance and audit committee have resigned as they weren't allowed to view the party accounts - held by her "husband" , Murrell. Just as they were trying to find out why the staff salaries had gone up by 14% in the last year.... Still, nothing to see here at all, move along.... Still, we'll have a brand new bunch of clones from the Krankie stable to listen to all too soon. Hopefully fat Eck has still got a few more tricks up his sleeve to surprise the faithful with!

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing