Sauer prices

Hi Everyone.

Looking for opinions please on the Sauer 101 GTI, I was set on this getting this rifle and have just ordered one but the prices seem to have shot up since January. Now I accept there are brexit costs involved etc but to have gone up so much (27% I have bene informed) it seems ridiculous.

SO, do people who own one like them? are they still worth the money and can anyone out there come up with any slightly unusual alternative rifles, preferably thumbhole stocked, that would they would recommend because at the price I have just been quoted I might as well buy a schultz and larsen!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Cottis

It looks sort of like an adjustable version of the M12 Max which I own. I also have a Schultz and Larsen.

They are not comparable rifles in my view. The Mauser is a good rifle with a good trigger and does what I need it to. I have no complaints. The Sauer looks very similar to me and almost certainly has the same cold hammer forged barrel. The S&L's have hand lapped cut rifled barrels. They are simply better and the triggers are proper crispy crisp. I would buy an S&L every time over the Mauser or the Sauer you are looking at. The Mauser is functional, the S&L feels special. One is bland, the other has character.

Long drag

Have a Sauer404 in 6.5x55, cant fault it. Looks the part, shoots V well, would I buy another one, YES. its pricey but pay for what you get.

gixer1

It looks sort of like an adjustable version of the M12 Max which I own. I also have a Schultz and Larsen.

They are not comparable rifles in my view. The Mauser is a good rifle with a good trigger and does what I need it to. I have no complaints. The Sauer looks very similar to me and almost certainly has the same cold hammer forged barrel. The S&L's have hand lapped cut rifled barrels. They are simply better and the triggers are proper crispy crisp. I would buy an S&L every time over the Mauser or the Sauer you are looking at. The Mauser is functional, the S&L feels special. One is bland, the other has character.
I think the 101 are button rifling I think...

Hi Everyone.

Looking for opinions please on the Sauer 101 GTI, I was set on this getting this rifle and have just ordered one but the prices seem to have shot up since January. Now I accept there are brexit costs involved etc but to have gone up so much (27% I have bene informed) it seems ridiculous.

SO, do people who own one like them? are they still worth the money and can anyone out there come up with any slightly unusual alternative rifles, preferably thumbhole stocked, that would they would recommend because at the price I have just been quoted I might as well buy a schultz and larsen!

Thanks in advance everyone!
Don’t do it, buy a tikka or a sako

gixer1

They are made in Isny with all the Mauser and Blaser stuff. It will be cold hammer forged.
from ‘tinterweb,.

“Unlike the hammer-forged barrel of the 202, the 101 uses button rifling. Although it may not have the same hardwearing barrel life, it is arguably the superior method when accuracy is concerned. Finished with a generous contour, this adds a bit of weight and stability to the rifle’s overall balance.

404Shooter

I own both Sauer and S&L rifles and love them. One advantage S&L might offer you is the ability to switch barrels (and calibers). The Sauer 202 and 404s offer a switch barrel capability but not the 101. Perhaps when movement restrictions ease you could visit Steve Beatty at Ivythorn Sporting (North Somerset) who stocks both, and who would allow you to test them on his range.

Cottis

from ‘tinterweb,.

“Unlike the hammer-forged barrel of the 202, the 101 uses button rifling. Although it may not have the same hardwearing barrel life, it is arguably the superior method when accuracy is concerned. Finished with a generous contour, this adds a bit of weight and stability to the rifle’s overall balance.

From the Sauer website on the 101 GTI model

Howzat

Had a Sauer 202 .270 for 20 years a nice rifle, but recently changed it for a 30-06 Shultz in 30-06 from Steve Beaty as I never realy got on with the safety on the Sauer, the Shultz is a much better rifle all round in my opinion, and not just the calibre.