Available: Somerset Roe

Grannysmith

Roe buck stalking available. Walk and Stalk. High seat. DSC2 assessments

All classes of buck in area starting at £75

Stalking fees £85/outing.

Trophy Fees are £1/gram up to 500g of top skull without mandible. Additional wt in excess of 500g is charged at £9/gram. Weight will be determined 24 hours after cleaning in the case of suspected trophies.

Carcass can be purchased.

Steve

Last edited:
I have been out with Steve and John on numerous occasions. Great guys and great stalking. Highly recommend

Andrew

Thing is this is like some continental pricing....I wouldn't have a clue how much pulling the trigger will ultimately cost me.

Thing is this is like some continental pricing....I wouldn't have a clue how much pulling the trigger will ultimately cost me.

On the continent, your guide is responsible for estimating the cost to within +/- 10%, perhaps it's the same here?

Pricing

Hi boys, Its exactly the same as the continent we will always price the buck before any shot is taken and we stick to the price quoted unless once its grassed its smaller than we thought then a reduction will be made, we have helped and guided dozens of clients over the years and can honestly say we have never had a dispute over pricing
steve

Recent "monster buck" taken by client. Waiting for it to dry to be sure of which colour medalfacebook.jpgfacebook a.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Granny Smith, I also so struggle with the European trophy fee model and I would have no clue what a gram of roe deer antler would look like and cautiously shy away from outfitters that advertise in this way.

Can you advise what the weight is in grams of the trophy in your photo?

Hi Granny Smith, I also so struggle with the European trophy fee model and I would have no clue what a gram of roe deer antler would look like and cautiously shy away from outfitters that advertise in this way.

Can you advise what the weight is in grams of the trophy in your photo?

Comes down simply to what the guide “thinks” the CIC scoring would be.

Bronze, Silver or Gold. If it’s bigger than what he “said” then you don’t pay more. If it’s smaller then you pay less.

They may also use the term of trophy or cull. (This is where the grey area is). You should be able to observe, in this case, whether or not it’s a little or large head. The use of the phrase “ how much” before you raise your rifle is always the course of action.

The pricing by your outfitter should tell you what you pay for.

Stan

Hi yes will weigh it tonight when i get back,
wherever you stalk you should always ask the question how much? Before squeezing the trigger.
No good guide will object to that and in the case of a big trophy animal i would give an upper and lower figure so there are no nasty surprises for anyone!
Steve

Hi,

i am am completely new to stalking and based in Bristol. I have worked in game restaurants and butchered whole caucuses and Really keen to come out on a stalk to to see if it’s for me before doing my licensing etc.

I would be be interested to see if this is something I can come along to and get some advise from you

thanks

Back