Tough mudder/h4h

corky

Just back from Dalkeith Country Estate where I was down supporting my wife and her pals taking part in TOUGH MUDDER SCOTLAND 2013.Please google TOUGH MUDDER to see more about it but basically its a 12 mile special forces designed assault course which is not competititive but is designed for teamwork and determination to get you through it for personal acheivement and also to raise money for charity.Directly linked with HELP FOR HEROES it is raising substantial funds and I have to take my hat of to my wife for doing this as before she turned 40 she wanted to acheive something so she took up this challenge and to raise money for H4H.Her and her team completed the course and have the cuts bruises and aches to prove it -not bad for women in there late 30,s/early 40,s who havent done any running since they were at school but took on the challenge and have trained hard for 8 months to acheive their goal,they havent totalled up their donations but my wife personally has raised at least £650 to go directly to H4H and with at least 11000 people doing this challenge a bumper sum should be boosting H4H shortly!Seeing the great team spirits throughout the day anyone looking for a challenge next year should consider it -hell i,m even thinking about it myself and on the selfish side she will be handy now for dragging beasts of the hill for me
icon7.png

Last edited:
Well done on her and all that do it ,we have the tough mudder on the estate we stalk and it's no mean feat to tackle the obstacles and mud did you give her a muddy hug at the end !
Regards
​norma

I would take my hat off to them if I was wearing one. For a good cause too.
I can apreaciate some of what they went through, as at the ripe old age of 52, I got to go on a 3 week outward bound course in the stunning Marlborough sounds last year. I am not very fit to say the least, but I loved every cold, wet, mud soaked minute of it (apart from missing my wife).
Mine was not for charity unfortunately, but for self fullfillment.

Really well done!! Great cause and I am planning to do a Tough Mudder later on this year!! Looks like a good challenge to me, well worth doing

Well done on her and a great cause too very impressive !! I planned on doing it next year but a car accident ( broke both legs and knees ) means I'll probably be a spectator / fundraiser now . Again well done to all involved :)

Well done to all involed, future father inlaw done it and says it was much harder than expected and is feeling it today.

Again, well done to your good lady and her buddies for taking part. A very worthy cause indeed.
I have just watched some very funny footage taken on a mobile phone of some of the competitors getting electrocuted at one of the obstacles!!
My mate went through supporting his son who was taking part.
As an aside, I sponsored my mates son and I was looking at going through to watch it as it is a good day out.
I thought though at £20 a head to spectate and £10 to park, I thought that was a bit excessive, even allowing for it being a good cause but that's my opinion.

Again, well done to your good lady and her buddies for taking part. A very worthy cause indeed.
I have just watched some very funny footage taken on a mobile phone of some of the competitors getting electrocuted at one of the obstacles!!
My mate went through supporting his son who was taking part.
As an aside, I sponsored my mates son and I was looking at going through to watch it as it is a good day out.
I thought though at £20 a head to spectate and £10 to park, I thought that was a bit excessive, even allowing for it being a good cause but that's my opinion.

aye the electric shock sections were a helluva laugh if you were spectating and the funniest bit was a poor guy with no top on who my wifes pal crawled in front of causing him to stop and get zapped constantly we were all peeing ourself watching this and we got it on camera!It was £20 on the day but if you pre registered it was£10 but it was a great laugh if you were spectating apart from the woman in front of me at the monkey bars over the water who pushed in to get photos with her expensive camera but slipped and rolled into the pool and I dont think that camera was waterproof!!!!Very proud of wife and her team and it really is a feelgood event with a great atmosphere and some seriously hardy people

Good for her corky and the rest involved they deserve a lot of credit , keep her in training the season is near and if that quad breaks down you know who to turn to:D ,

Well done on her and a great cause too very impressive !! I planned on doing it next year but a car accident ( broke both legs and knees ) means I'll probably be a spectator / fundraiser now . Again well done to all involved :)

Thanks for that and sorry about your accident but hope you have a full and quick recovery

Good for her corky and the rest involved they deserve a lot of credit , keep her in training the season is near and if that quad breaks down you know who to turn to:D ,

She says thanks but you always seem to be about when quads break down (usually in the dark and going down steep hills in reverse-screaming)

As a footnote to this I got home tonight and herself was waiting with a face like fizz and threw an A4 letter at me-I had a look in it and it was a certificate with MY name on it congratulating ME for completing Tough Mudder and raising funds for H4H and a medal as well:lol:.Her greatest personal achievemnt apart from having kids and I,m getting recognised for it!!She had a rant on facebook about it and that was a big mistake as she,s been getting ribbed rotten about it with the cutting comment being that I deserved the medal for living with her all these years!The couch is going to be well used for the next few nights methinks.My mate started his training tonight to start getting fit for next years event he done a 10 mile run on the bike and was nearly home when he hit a cow**** on the road and crashed smashing his hand,ripping his leg open and breaking his big toe-think we,ll leave all this carry on to the women!!!

Back