Trail Cam Help.

Rusty Gate

Anyone using any of the cheaper trail cam's & getting reasonable results?? Seen plenty on the bay but never trust really trust their own pics of this is how good they are?

FISH BOY

I bought two old 8m pixel Bushnell ones off a mate at a score each.

To best honest I wasnt expecting much at only 8m pixels, seeing as they are now 20m but they were cheap enough that i would cry if they got lifted.

Must admit im very pleased with the results. One time I had a field mouse trigger it about 200 times and if i clicked through the pics really fast I could see it darting around.

Sounds obvious but think the key is the set up of the unit and location, regardless of how crap or cheap they are.

Pick mine up thursday after three weeks on a certain permission so really look forward to seeing whats being going on.

slider

I bought one for £50, can remember the make. Takes decent pictures but sensor trigger distance is not s good as my more expensive cameras.

It stopped work after one particular wet spell but came back to life after a few days in the airing cupboard

Wildlife Watcher

I think it's mostly down to getting your set up and positioning right, but you also get what you pay for. I got an Apeman and a Victure one off Amazon and they got me some good pictures and video but mostly only good in the daytime. At night they are really poor. And the other problem with them is they have a long trigger time and so you miss a lot of wildlife. Decent speed for photos but trigger for videos seems really slow.

Koenig

I have a couple of Walmart Tasso trail cams, that can be picked up for $20-30 stateside. You do get what you pay for, but neither has leaked and I wouldn’t be crying too hard if they got damaged or nicked. If you can get cheap Tasco trail cams in the UK they’d be worth a look.

AN DU RU FOX

i,m using a campark cheapo and pics so far have been good enough for me day/night ,contemplating on getting the newer model out now £ 50 quid. if it goes missing?fast trigger and long battery life.

Wildlife Watcher

I think the campark ones are better than the ones I have then. My next camera will be a browning I think- although apparently they are not the best at night. But the pics I've seen have been great.
Might try and save for a bushnell but they seem expensive.

Orion

Swann Outback cam from Laptops Direct are bombproof and take good resolution pics day and night. I’ve four of them out and about and the earliest one has been operational more or less continuously for five years.

010ADA48-1584-41E1-B60A-1AC0CCBB8CFD.jpeg

Also using a couple of the Crenova units from Amazon and they are performing well.

Koenig

You
Swann Outback cam from Laptops Direct are bombproof and take good resolution pics day and night. I’ve four of them out and about and the earliest one has been operational more or less continuously for five years.

View attachment 137226

Also using a couple of the Crenova units from Amazon and they are performing well.
You can’t odds 5 years of trouble free service in Devon rain. That’s impressive.

weimaraner

I use and recommend Browning Recon force and Spec. Ops trail cameras, bought from www.Naturespy.Org.
Based in Wales and are great to deal with.

Money wise . . . You pay your money, you take your choice.

You can buy 3 Campark T70s for the price of one Browning ! They are not cheap cameras, but you get what you pay for . . . Just make sure you lock them into a safe position, if possible.
These two Browning models take good quality pictures + videos.

Wildlife Watcher

I use and recommend Browning Recon force and Spec. Ops trail cameras, bought from www.Naturespy.Org.

You can buy 3 Campark T70s for the price of one Browning ! They are not cheap cameras, but you get what you pay for . . . Just make sure you lock them into a safe position, if possible.
There is some really great information on that website, thanks!

Wildlife Watcher

Have you got any pictures or videos from your browning cameras to show the quality?