wellies

marrajack

Any recomendations please, I find the muck boot type a bit numb, and i am a heavy footed bugger anyway. I like to wear boots, however the place I stalk is very muddy due to work.
Ta

timbrayford

Any recomendations please, I find the muck boot type a bit numb, and i am a heavy footed bugger anyway. I like to wear boots, however the place I stalk is very muddy due to work.
Ta
I prefer the basic green hunters for the really muddy stuff

swarovski

ive always bought le chameau but ones i'm currently using have split at the seems up the back around the heels,i will try another make shortly,they havent worn very well this time

RED-DOT

I would rather stay at home than risk my ankles with Hunter wellies.. cold, unsupportive, slippy soles. LC all the way for me.

timbrayford

ive always bought le chameau but ones i'm currently using have split at the seems up the back around the heels,i will try another make shortly,they havent worn very well this time
I had a problem with the soles splitting on a pair of le chameau leather lined wellies, their customer services were particularly unhelpful and I wouldn't touch this brand again

marrajack

Cheers all, will have a look at those, I had hunters years ago. Too light for the terrier work but may be just the job

RWC2010

had a pair of chameau but split and it took 3 weeks to replace. Now gone for a pair of LaCrosse Alpha burley with side zip. Very comfortable, like waking on air - says Allied Jones :D and come in brown !!

RED-DOT

:D and come in brown !!

I thought this was about wellies? I had a pair of LC Vatnas and they were rubbing my heel away and they replaced them with a brand new pair of Chasseurs (for sale in classifieds on here).

Cottontail killer

Classic hunters arnt fit to shovel the smelly stuff in

But I usually wear the leather wellies but you can't take them off and forget about them

Paul

RED-DOT

I am just about giving up on wellies due to weak ankle protection when covering forestry hazards. I use Meindl Dovre with LC Kotkor gaiters... miles better and dont slip.

ezzy6.5

I have a pair of the Hunter Neo galloway Bamboo (I think that's what they are called) They will be a year old this x mas and they have been replaced 3 times in less than 12 months. the sole seems to part company with the rest of it. My mate has exactly the same ones that he bought at last years CLA and his have just split now.
I tried the grubs but we have a lot of gorse and bramble here and they got tatty real quickly. I have no idea what to buy next.

Ezzy

flytie

I got sick of hunter wellies, first i had the old fashioned ones, and they were too small for my calf muscles. Then i had the Galloways, better but not durable and developed an unhelpful squeak after about 3 weeks. Then i tried Muck boots, they were ok for six months then split. I have now got a pair of Grub's stalkers, they are two years old and are now tatty and squeaking too. They have been very comfy though. I would probably buy another pair.

Simon

stig

I recently bought the Agile Parcours Prestige Boot (leather lined welly)... Can't fault it, warm, close fitting, quiet, comfy... Best wellies I've owned!

devilishdave

Muck boots are highly recomended, I have some wellies 5x the price of my muck boots but I alaways go for the muck boots

Dave

beno

Agile Parcours iso 5mm neoprene had mine 2 years and wear them most day but if there’s any serious walking to be done I put on my boots but can fault the agils so warm and comfy, dont buy hunters they will last a couple of months if that wear out at the back of the heel

Ben Bain

I use Le Chameau . Had the same pair for 6 years now, worn every day and there still going strong

Cheers
Ben

SEVEN-WSM

Agile Parcours iso 5mm neoprene had mine 2 years and wear them most day but if there’s any serious walking to be done I put on my boots but can fault the agils so warm and comfy, dont buy hunters they will last a couple of months if that wear out at the back of the heel
Ditto What Beno Says

Wsm

Glyn Walsh

Le Chameau Vierznord (think thats how you spell it). Had 1 pair for 5 years with no problems. Rubber eventually perished around ankles, so repaired them with inner tube repair kit!!!!:smug: Still going strong and waterproof, but got a new pair of same to replace.... use the old ones for dog walking now.
Only problem I find with LC`s are that they are TOO comfortable...... they are like a pair of slippers, so they lack a bit in support. Very good though