What have I done, have I pressed something?

cjs66

Somethings not right with my page setup. On "new posts" where there used to be the option to go to pages 1 to 10, it's gone. Same on all other sections of the forum, no next page or option to jump to direct pages. Have I done something?

cjs

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
What device/browser are you using? Can you try another browser, just to try?

cjs66

I'm on mac, safari. Just tried Chrome, same there too, on the same laptop. If that's what you mean?

I'm not too savvy..

It works fine on my phone so could be a hardware problem?

cjs

Alantoo

Nope, all I've got there is, contact us, terms and rules, privacy policy and help.
On my Mac Safari the "View more" is bottom right of the thread list panel, but it is above the "contact us" strip and the footer/banner advert.

Of the page top options "What's new" produces just the 10no. latest posts.

If you click on either "Forums" or "What's new" the first option on the line immediately below is "New posts" and that gives you the whole lot of pages...

Well on mine it does at least...

Alan

cjs66

This only started when the section on the righthand side of the home page, started with all the twitter stuff.

Whatever that is, prob not related though.

Alantoo

Have you tried the reload arrow in the search box or cmdR and clearing cache history and loading the SD fresh? And of course quitting and restarting both Safari and/or your Mac!

I have noticed that top left of the thread panel I get a "Show only unread" filter indicator which crops up unbidden or requested....there is an x beside out to dismiss it but it seems to return willy nilly as a default....the filter settings are over to the right and may have been hit inadvertently.

I have also noticed that I have ended up "liking" more posts than I intended when I have been swiping through posts with my thumb on the iPhone.

Alan

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
I’m not too sure in that case, if it’s doing it in two separate browsers... I agree with Alantoo try a reboot, then try deleting browser cache from in settings (careful it may delete passwords - make sure you know where you can get a new one!)

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
Is that a factory setting, or is a 3rd party add-on?

Either way, I’m glad you managed to sort it!

cjs66

Yes, third party. It must of udated it's self and interfeared in someway. I had to add the forum to a trusted list.

Thanks for the help.

cjs