50% off Primos Trigger Stick Tall Bipod

2 of my mates had these sticks ,both had faults with the mechanism on these sticks.
​Both replaced.

I found them noisy to use and quite ungainly to carry, went straight back to using my trusty green garden canes again, calm has been restored.

These would need to be free and include a free Range Rover before I would be interested! Complete junk. Had a couple of guests insist on using them, nothing but problems and weight a tonne. Glyn

Yeah neat idea, but utterly pants.

Thanks for the thought in sticking the deal up on here though old son. :tiphat:

I was just about to post a thread fishing for info. I think they are a very good idea. At £40 I thought I would investigate. I have never spent over £10 on shooting sticks and after reading some reviews it looks like I still won't be for a while yet.

well you guys, just need to tighten the Allen screws and the they make no noise, accounted for 30 + deer with mine this year, the reason these are cheap is the new model is out.

Taff, i agree. Ive had mine since the summer and have shot plenty with mine. There a bloody good set of sticks, so easy to use and quick to deploy/adjust even with the rifle set up on top.

not sure of all the bad comments above :eek:

​Ads

Taff, i agree. Ive had mine since the summer and have shot plenty with mine. There a bloody good set of sticks, so easy to use and quick to deploy/adjust even with the rifle set up on top. not sure of all the bad comments above :eek: ​Ads
+1 on the above. I use them and like them but something about them seems to set people off on one.
​It's a bit like objecting to other people eating Marmite...'cos you don't like it :confused: :)

keep to me £12:50 bean poll quad sticks or my sitting £6 sitting quad sticks like to keep it the KISS way with sticks :popcorn:

These are Gen 1 sticks, the new lightweight sticks Gen 2 will be available in October £129 for the tripods and about £99 for the bipods and seeing that Primos have now taken over Stoney Point they may be the ones to have ( up to now stoney Point have been the best)

These are Gen 1 sticks, the new lightweight sticks Gen 2 will be available in October £129 for the tripods and about £99 for the bipods and seeing that Primos have now taken over Stoney Point they may be the ones to have ( up to now stoney Point have been the best)

I hope that they will keep manufacturing the stoney point style ones as these are by far the best. Ideal compromise between weight, stability, quality and simplicity in my opinion.

I hope that they will keep manufacturing the stoney point style ones as these are by far the best. Ideal compromise between weight, stability, quality and simplicity in my opinion.

Oh mate, you wait till you see the Swarovski shooting sticks i saw recently...... Carbon fibre legs, quick release latches to raise/lower the legs...... :drool:

Our mutual friend fabricated the prototype, but i expect that's as far as they'll go. How's that for cock teasing? :D

Oh mate, you wait till you see the Swarovski shooting sticks i saw recently...... Carbon fibre legs, quick release latches to raise/lower the legs...... :drool:

Our mutual friend fabricated the prototype, but i expect that's as far as they'll go. How's that for cock teasing? :D

I bet they could embellish them with Swarovski crystals and still make a profit.

If I were only after bi pod sticks I wouldn't bother as the trigger bit does not give you any advantage I would make my own or buy the cheap ones......the tripod on the otherhand is awesome as it allows you to get a solid shooting possition on any surface at the right height.
I'll give you an example last week I set up on the edge of a wood with the tripod waiting for some fallow, you can rest your gun on it and have it in your shoulder and relax and use both hands on your bins or even better they are solid enough to hang your gun off it by the sling again you can stand for ages nice and relaxed glassing. Anyway a fox turned up about 200yds away with another 50 yds behind. I squeaked it up to 130yds shot it the other ran to a hedge 90 degrees from other one paused for a moment bang 180 yds solid as a rock. I could just swivel around the solid shooting rest. This would have been impossible off any other shooting sticks.
The other time the tripod is great is for calling roe bucks. Get yourself in a great position rest/hang your rifle and start calling nice and relaxed you can easily glass but instantly be able to use your rifle. Doesn't matter where the buck comes from. You can not do this with other sticks without a lot of faffing about and missing your chance.
Downsides a bit heavy and can make a little noise if your not careful..can't they all?

lion, the trigger means you don,t have to carry the sticks extended , and if on uneven ground you just pull the trigger and they self level, not all of us stand in a level field. I have just got a new set for a mate from America $122.00 a lot of new features. Better than my bog sticks.

well you guys, just need to tighten the Allen screws and the they make no noise, accounted for 30 + deer with mine this year, the reason these are cheap is the new model is out.

I did this, but my issue was how unbalanced they are to carry when retracted, and the grating noise you get when deploying them, despite oiling them as much as I could, I also use my shooting sticks as a stick to balance when crossing fences etc, or on boggy ground, they really aren't any good for this. Don't get me wrong, when deployed, they are a very solid shooting platform, but for my money, more faff than is required when simple sticks will suffice. The old pea canes with a piece of bicycle inner tube round the top can adjust to any height just as well, I guess it's just what I'm used to, but hey.

Back