Best trail cam pictures - all here

Fosbery Holster

What’s the chance of seeing animals and birds like this in their own environment doing their own thing without trail cams!
Great photos keep them coming.

Orion

What’s the chance of seeing animals and birds like this in their own environment doing their own thing without trail cams!
Great photos keep them coming.
Only if you sit very, very still, for a very, very long time!

TBH I have had some remarkable wildlife related things happen while doing just that. One of the best was sitting against a tree fully camo'd (face veil, gloves etc.) overlooking a deer path in Rendlesham Forest, and waiting to dart wild fallow for one of the research projects in the 90s. Two Muntjac quietly fed towards me over about 20 minutes and finished with a spectacular (if brief!) display of copulation about 10' in front of my size tens.

Local Exe Valley hinds 'boxing' on a hill silhouetted in front of a full 'supermoon' was also something to see and worthy of a good self-kicking for not having a camera with me.

Last edited:

Fosbery Holster

Only if you sit very, very still, for a very, very long time!

TBH I have had some remarkable wildlife related things happen while doing just that. One of the best was sitting against a tree fully camo'd (face veil, gloves etc.) overlooking a deer path in Rendlesham Forest, and waiting to dart wild fallow for one of the research projects in the 90s. Two Muntjac quietly fed towards me over about 20 minutes and finished with a spectacular (if brief!) display of copulation about 10' in front of my size tens.

Local Exe Valley hinds 'boxing' on a hill silhouetted in front of a full 'supermoon' was also something to see and worthy of a good self-kicking for not having a camera with me.

You’ve personally witnessed some remarkable scenes by being very very patient, l think l would be too fidgety and mess the whole thing up, wanting to scratch my ars* sorry nose and anything else that needed immediate attention.
I bet the boxing hinds was something to behold never to be forgotten!
The number of times I’ve been without a camera when needed, (what a “Muppet”).

Last edited:

Fosbery Holster

Far far better than any of mine.
Kran I see your are from Ireland.

Just as an aside and I don’t want to highjack the topic in any way. Way back in my early teenage years I owned an Irish FAC, to qualify for this I had to be a landowner, and we did own a couple of acres so qualified. The question is do you still have to be a landowner to have an Irish FAC ??

Last edited:

Kran

Kran I see your are from Ireland.

Just as an aside and I don’t want to highjack the topic in any way. Way back in my early teenage years I owned an Irish FAC, to qualify for this I had to be a landowner, and we did own a couple of acres so qualified. The question is do you still have to be a landowner to have an Irish FAC ??
Hi Fosberry, feel free to Pm me if you want more info. The short answer is no you don’t need to own land. You can either get written permission from two land owners or you join a Gun Club which would have long standing permissions from many farmers/landowners in a certain area. You can join a range too but if that is the basis of getting your Fac you can only use it at said range. Each and every firearm you own needs a Fac and that includes sub 12ftlb air rifles too. It costs €80 for each Fac and it’s a 3 year license. No such thing as an estate firearm or borrowing a firearm (legally anyway) over here either.

Fosbery Holster

Hi Fosberry, feel free to Pm me if you want more info. The short answer is no you don’t need to own land. You can either get written permission from two land owners or you join a Gun Club which would have long standing permissions from many farmers/landowners in a certain area. You can join a range too but if that is the basis of getting your Fac you can only use it at said range. Each and every firearm you own needs a Fac and that includes sub 12ftlb air rifles too. It costs €80 for each Fac and it’s a 3 year license. No such thing as an estate firearm or borrowing a firearm (legally anyway) over here either.
Hi Kran
Thank you for your kind swift reply, I only held onto my Irish FAC for a short while, and sold my firearm to a local ‘club’ member, you have put my question now to rest, owning land at the time was my only way forward, that was the message from the local ‘Garda’!
Thanks Kran you have been more than helpful, don’t need any ask that question again. May I say your reply was extremely concise.

Kran

No problem
Hi Kran
Thank you for your kind swift reply, I only held onto my Irish FAC for a short while, and sold my firearm to a local ‘club’ member, you have put my question now to rest, owning land at the time was my only way forward, that was the message from the local ‘Garda’!
Thanks Kran you have been more than helpful, don’t need any ask that question again. May I say your reply was extremely concise.
No problem, once upon a time it was indeed up to the interpretation of the local Garda of what the actual law on firearms was. If they didn’t like the look of you or for whatever reason then they would turn your application down. Nowadays it’s different as we all have access to the law books and most hunters know more about it than the guard who you present your application to.

Fosbery Holster

No problem

No problem, once upon a time it was indeed up to the interpretation of the local Garda of what the actual law on firearms was. If they didn’t like the look of you or for whatever reason then they would turn your application down. Nowadays it’s different as we all have access to the law books and most hunters know more about it than the guard who you present your application to.
Thanks again for your answers, your more than kind with your time, you certainly know the Irish Law.
Best regards.