Boyds rifle stocks - import?

GGC96

Hi all,

I’m after some advice from those well versed with imports from the US. I’m after a Boyds stock for my Steyr Mannlicher Pro Hunter. However, the UK price from the SGC is £300 ... I can get 2 at US prices for less .. so is there some way of getting around their export laws that inhibit anything over $100?

I've been told I can get someone to send it for me but I don’t know anyone in the US:cry:

Zetter

Absolute pain in the bum tbh. ATR blocks you over $100 so one of the RFDs offered to order me one for my CZ542 and the run around he got from Boyds was mental he initially ordered in March 2017 and the stock finally turned up in I think about November 2017 when I didnt need it as I had sorted myself out in the mean time so it went back. He was thoroughly fed up with them by the end of it.
Boyds constantly said it had shipped when it hadnt, made up shipping times and basically gave the impression they dont give a flying to anyone outside the USA.

Overall I know over here is a lot more expensive but a least you will have the stock before you die of old age/ decide you fancy selling the rifle you had planned to put it on :)

sako63

Bit off topic but im looking for a well figured walnut stock for my Sako 75 action 1V .270 cal,anything out there i wonder? love my rifle but not mad on the factory synthetic stock 20 years later.

J DAVISON

I got my boyds stock from the sportsman’s gun centre, I was very impressed with the price and service, took me minutes to change stocks over, rifle shoots like a dream with it and no modifications to do, brilliant.
Atb jay

kenbro

I got my boyds stock from the sportsman’s gun centre, I was very impressed with the price and service, took me minutes to change stocks over, rifle shoots like a dream with it and no modifications to do, brilliant.
Atb jay

There’s sometimes a little wood to remove if you are using an after market trigger, say, Jewel.
Ken.

lw woodlands

Hi all,

I’m after some advice from those well versed with imports from the US. I’m after a Boyds stock for my Steyr Mannlicher Pro Hunter. However, the UK price from the SGC is £300 ... I can get 2 at US prices for less .. so is there some way of getting around their export laws that inhibit anything over $100?

I've been told I can get someone to send it for me but I don’t know anyone in the US:cry:

I ordered a steyr prohunter one for .308 action length through sgc dorset, it might still be there if your interested. I rejected it having been told it was a drop in replacement, it wasnt close and would need some work to make it fit plus the trigger guard is awful.
It was on their display shelf for sale last time i went in.
Should add that the service and assistance with the order from sgc was very good .

Last edited: