DMQ to charge AW's

I did not charge a fee but did hear of some astronomical charges being levied by some.
I have now however jacked it in because I was fed up with people presenting themselves after only recently just completing their L1 and having had no experience before then.

New news letter out this morning, clarifying some of the points raised by the fee debacle.

No Annual charge, but a one-off fee to all NEW AW's from this morning.
New point of contact.

Annual Subscription to Operate as a DMQ Approved Witness
In your last Newsletter it was announced that during 2019, DMQ intended introducing an annual fee to remain registered as a DMQ Approved Witness.
Following consideration by the DMQ Board which has taken account of the substantial good will of AW's that exists within the DMQ process, an annual charge to remain on the AW list will not now be introduced. An initial 'one-off' application/registration fee will however be introduced and will apply to all new applicants in the future.
Approved Witness National Briefing
The last country wide AW briefing took place in 2013 when Edition 6 Portfolio was introduced. During October 2019, all paper portfolios will become time expired and witnessing activities will be confined to electronic versions. To keep you up to date with this and other relevant matters, a series of AW briefings in different parts of the country is being planned to take place this autumn. The details with venues and dates will be announced in our next Newsletter.
Approved Witness Management
You have previously been notified that your AW management is now directly under DMQ. If you have any questions or issues concerning your role as an AW please email your enquiry to deermanagementqualifications@gmail.com It would be helpful if you quote your AW number in all correspondence. If you would like a telephone conversation please include your number and a member of the DMQ Working Group will contact you as soon as possible. You are also asked to use this contact when giving notification of any change of address or contact details.
Please do not address AW issues to your former sponsoring Assessment Centre or Mandy Short who is no longer dealing with AW matters.
Electronic Individual Cull Records (ICR’s)
DMQ would be grateful if you ensure you are using the most recent version of the ICR which is downloadable from the DMQ website www.dmq.org.uk Would you also please complete these as soon as possible after a witnessed event and email them direct to the candidates allocated Assessor whose name and contact details should be supplied to you by the candidate you are witnessing.
Thank you all again for your continued help and support in your witnessing roles.
John Thornley OBE – Chairman of DMQ

No disrespect, but it may not have been a wise decision to put the whole letter on an open forum.

No fee as said, but any new AW's will have a one off charge.

Eddy, that comes with any job. I have recently had a candidate who took his level one less than a year ago and then booked to take a Level 2 stalk with me. Not a hope in hell to be honest in passing, and yet thought he knew it all. Split the guts all over the carcase and then said its only a little bit condemned. And he never paid me for the carcase either.

Malc, I always used to 'Grill' them before I even entertained them as there were one or two that were the exception.
For instance I had one guy that worked in Forestry, nowhere near me incidentally, and had been culling/managing Deer for several years.
He had L1 but when his boss started taking on new employees with L2 he felt a little embarrassed as he would have been their first line manager.
So rather than take the L2 on his own ground he travelled all the way down here and took it to save himself feeling embarrassed.
L1 and L2 was something that his company had decided to introduce regardless of any length of time his present staff had been doing the job.

I have just been accepted as an AW with an email a week ago so didn't have to pay a one off fee,
I am looking forward to this work but like many others have no desire to make money from it.
I spoke to a friend who has an insight into the workings of DMQ and they think many people are making money out of AW'ing so charging them for this would not seem unreasonable, probably after some research they have found that there are many more AW's just doing it for no financial gain which is why there have made there latest statement.

looking forward to my first AW stalk.

Tony

I would doubt that Tony, there were many who didn't undertake any Level 2 stalks for candidates, but just wanted to be an AW. Either way posting letters that are within the system on an open forum is not really the way to go. If DMQ complain it will be removed.

That maybe the case Malcolm but I will do my best to complete a few level 2 stalks, yes probably not a good thing to post letters that have come to us through internal emails.

That maybe the case Malcolm but I will do my best to complete a few level 2 stalks, yes probably not a good thing to post letters that have come to us through internal emails.
With respect Tony. Nothing top secret in the text.
The issues in the letter will probably be in the shooting press this week. letting AW's -some, who do not read their emails - know what is happening is not a crime. making people aware that if you are thinking of becoming an AW, then it is probably better to do it in the short term , rather than the long term.

It is - in my opinion - better to have the truth and facts on this website, rather than the speculation, untruths and poor opinions that sometimes follow a post.

Shoot me for telling the truth.

Back