Driven boar rifles ......

Benji53

What are you guys using this winter in Europe I'm sure a similar thread will have been done before I'm just interest in what people are using and why regards Benji here's mine 7rem
IMG_4522.jpg

Corvid8x57

9.3x74r but there is a cracking deal to be had in the shape of my old rifle - 8x57JRS Bettinsoli in the Holts auction on Thursday

tusker

Baikal single shot break barrel in 308. With a Nikko Stirling 1.25-5 x 20 on top.
Tusker

reiver

I use a 444 marlin underlever for most of my driven shooting .The Marin in ·444 is probably the
Fastest shooting rifle after a double for driven boar that we in the UK can own and has huge amounts of stopping power using 265 or 300 gr bullets at around 2200 fps but without the recoil of the 45-70 or ·450m and hold 6 rounds of ammo
I have used solid slug and also a double in 9.3mm and a 308 in the past as well all of them got the job done.

Last edited:

Lateral

Merkel Helix 9.3x62, Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 CDi reticle, or Chapuis 9.3x74r SbS, open sight on a tight peg. But what I really need, is a golf trolley, and those nice club covers replaced with "calibres" rather than numbers :D

I have to say, an under lever really appeals, they look like a lot of fun to use.

TonyC

Boar rifles

I use a 444 marlin underlever for most of my driven shooting .The Marin in ·444 is probably the
Fastest shooting rifle after a double for driven boar that we in the UK can own and has huge amounts of stopping power using 265 or 300 gr bullets at around 2200 fps but without the recoil of the 45-70 or ·450m and hold 6 rounds of ammo
I have used solid slug and also a double in 9.3mm and a 308 in the past as well all of them got the job done.
I also have a Henry .44 magnum U/L that I would really like to try out on boar but I cannot find a load for it, do you reload for your Marlin

VIGILAIRE

CZ 550 stutzens in 9.3x62 and 7x64 and a Tikka Battue in 30.06 - all with red dots and irons plus a Browning 9.3x74R with irons only for Lateral's "tight pegs". Have a slot for a .45 and the Marlin 1895SBL looks like it would fit the bill.

bullet chucker

Left hand Remington 700 30.06...only shot paper as yet? 'No' way would I try the Black dot of doom and post it up on here?

BC...

reiver

I also have a Henry .44 magnum U/L that I would really like to try out on boar but I cannot find a load for it, do you reload for your Marlin
I do reload for the 444 marlin but it is a different beast compared to a .44 magnum
which is ok for tracking but a bit short on power for longer shots.
My T4 will push a 265gr interlock home load at around 2300 fps and around 3000 ftb.