Farm Yard feral pigeon edible?

New Avon Arms

Crowstalker

As the title says are farm Yard pigeons edible? Not the ones you would see in London etc they have just been feeding in the yard, I have must be around 15 that need gone I'm just wondering is there any good meat on them as in tasty meat?

Rhodesianjess

No problems, just remember that they're only two thirds of the size of a woodpigeon so more needed for recipe or 5/6 needed for a pie instead of 4.

Kjf

Anything is edible ( more or less , what t will taste like is a different matter!!)

I wouldn't personally be eating yard pigeons , God knows what they've been feeding on ???

Stick to woodies , at least they are fed naturally on crops etc ,

Kjf

shakey jake

i dont eat them but after preping hundreds for the dogs i see no reason not too assuming they havent got any obviouse illness, nice red meat like a woody

Brittany boy

I control a lot on local farms, they are feeding on barley either in the shed or bruised in the cattle troughs all year round and I've eaten them, they are fine to eat and yes they are smaller than their woodie cousins but taste the same. I've also eaten collard doves when they were on the general licence and they were good too.

Overlay

ferrets enjoy them :-| but not for me. wood pigeon are worthy for a game pie I don’t believe I could eat a feral pie
no no no no :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Crowstalker

A bit of a "mixed bag" excuse the pun 😂 of opinions, il maybe stay on the safe side for now and try a wood pigeon first I've never had one before so better start off with a good experience 😂

Pedro

Hypothetical question I guess, but why would you? Try popping a few into the bags at a food bank. Let me know how you get on.

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!