Greta Thumberg Schools UN on Extinction

Its like reading a RightWing American forum in here...

She got a following of millions of young people.. somebody petition her to speak at the UN.
They tried Scientists..
They tried Academics..
They tried Politicians..
They are now trying activists..

But the Fossile fuel companies has spent $ Trillions in dissinformation campaigns, lobbying and creating think tanks to sow doubt in science illiterate people!

Climate is changing..

8 Billion, soon to be 11Billion people are burning of as much Fossile fuels they possible can. Which is going to spike the levels of C02 in a CLOSED system, like the earth is.
We know increased amounts of C02 traps heat in... changing the "normal" weather patterns we have had the last 2-3000 years.

Places where we usually plant crops, will not longer yield as much, due to drought, to much rain or to warm.

4 Billion Africans and 5 Billion Asians are living in the worst affected areas.
Wanna bet that your children and grandchildren who by then are living in the mess we created, are just gonna let those Billions of people suffer there?
Most likely they will allow them flooding up into Europe and North America by the Hundreds of Millions to a more temperate climate, where its still possible to grow enough food.

The God complex is a psychological illusion, and is exactly what the name suggests―a personality flaw in human beings, especially those who perceive themselves to be omniscient and omnipotent, and treat others as mere mortals. Although closely associated with the Narcissistic Personality Disorder, this complex is a personality flaw not classed as a personality disorder by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

A person having a God complex will always believe that he is perfection personified, and will expect to be treated that way, too. According to him, he will be forever incapable of ever making a mistake, and will never accept responsibility for anything that goes wrong. The rules embedded in society's mindset will never be important for a person with this complex, as he'll deem himself to be above these "petty" things of the mortal world.

Though people with the God complex seem so sure, and so in love with themselves, some experts suggests that they actually suffer from a low self-esteem, and are insecure about almost everything, which is why they constantly require attention and admiration from others around them.

Seems to describe our Downing Street incumbent or at least his Puppet Master, Dominic.

Alan

She got a following of millions of young people.. somebody petition her to speak at the UN.
They tried Scientists..
They tried Academics..
They tried Politicians..

But the Fossile fuel companies has spent $ Trillions in dissinformation campaigns, lobbying and creating think tanks to sow doubt in science illiterate people!
I am not sure of the point you make here, are you saying the UN could not find Scientists, Academics or Politicians to speak, so they went to Activists?
You can see millions of flies around a pile of s**t that doesn't make the s**t right.
We are in a world where people can be persuaded by the Social Media to follow anything, most of them have no idea what it's all about, they just want to be a part of what is going on.

Wanna bet that your children and grandchildren who by then are living in the mess we created, are just gonna let those Billions of people suffer there?

Yes. I will. I have absolutely no doubt at all that these white skinned blue eyed children and grandchildren when they grow up will be just as ruthless with and exploitative of Africa and elsewhere oustside of their cosy Western Europe or North America as were their forefathers in the 1600s, the 1700s, the 1800s, the 1900s and through to the mid-20th Century and onwards. They'll justify it somehow as being "in the World's best interest" "for the good of the planet" and similar platitudes and, of course, endow a few projects here and there to salve their consciences but I have no doubt at all that if you placed you bet you'd lose your money. The same stupid belief that if the cure isn't hurting it isn't working. And if it's someone else other than you that bears that pain then, well, it's for their own good anyway.

Last edited:

They tried Scientists..
They tried Academics..
They tried Politicians..

Climate is changing..

8 Billion, soon to be 11Billion people are burning of as much Fossile fuels they possible can. Which is going to spike the levels of C02 in a CLOSED system, like the earth is.
We know increased amounts of C02 traps heat in... changing the "normal" weather patterns we have had the last 2-3000 years.

Places where we usually plant crops, will not longer yield as much, due to drought, to much rain or to warm.

4 Billion Africans and 5 Billion Asians are living in the worst affected areas.
Most likely they will allow them flooding up into Europe and North America by the Hundreds of Millions to a more temperate climate, where its still possible to grow enough food.

Zimbabwe used to be the food bowl of Africa.

There is a difference between naturally occurring drought and political corruption.

Yes. I will. I have absolutely no doubt at all that these white skinned blue eyed children and grandchildren when they grow up will be just as ruthless with and exploitative of Africa and elsewhere oustside of their cosy Western Europe or North America as were their forefathers in the 1600s, the 1700s, the 1800s, the 1900s and through to the mid-20th Century and onwards. They'll justify it somehow as being "in the World's best interest" "for the good of the planet" and similar platitudes and, of course, endow a few projects here and there to salve their consciences but I have no doubt at all that if you placed you bet you'd lose your money. The same stupid belief that if the cure isn't hurting it isn't working. And if it's someone else other than you that bears that pain then, well, it's for their own good anyway.

Not sure i would have said living during the potato famine in Ireland as cosy or 7 years hard labour in Van Diemens Land or etc etc.

Or living as jew during Hitlers time or a chinese intellectual during mao's time or a engineer during pol pots time or a boer boer during churchills time or etc etc.

I am not sure of the point you make here, are you saying the UN could not find Scientists, Academics or Politicians to speak, so they went to Activists?
You can see millions of flies around a pile of s**t that doesn't make the s**t right.
We are in a world where people can be persuaded by the Social Media to follow anything, most of them have no idea what it's all about, they just want to be a part of what is going on.

I am saying they had scientists, academics and politicians to try to warn us what is going to happen.. Republican Party in the US and a few fringe Right Wing partis around the world dont accept the facts or science.

Now they are going for activists.. Greta reaches out to millions of people who are concerned about what inaction has done.

Fossile fuel companies knew in the early 70s, that what they where doing would create climate change. They suppressed their own findings for 30+ years..
And spent Hundreds of Billions on disinformation campaigns against science.
Just like Tobacco companies did!!

I am saying they had scientists, academics and politicians to try to warn us what is going to happen.. Republican Party in the US and a few fringe Right Wing partis around the world dont accept the facts or science.

Now they are going for activists.. Greta reaches out to millions of people who are concerned about what inaction has done.

Fossile fuel companies knew in the early 70s, that what they where doing would create climate change. They suppressed their own findings for 30+ years..

phillip-morris-hippies.jpg

Who you going to call - the IPCC on information to guide policy?

Have a read because its shorter than the first page of this thread. When I read it, I because very concerned because now scientists are recommending CO2 sequestration. I have taken Australia's previous Chief Scientist when I used to work with him to task over this and he was so full of sh**te this could be implemented he was advising the Prime Minister.

Fast forward a decade and now retired and I went to his retirement party,

He's now sprouting this.

So exactly what was her message, "do away with all the factories, stop making profits you capitalistic Barstewards", and we can all survive by eating grass.
We are all aware of the changes taking place, we don't need to be told about it, we do need to be told what to do about it, I have just watched one of these so called Experts on TV, who said if we have one meat free day per week, that will help,

Now ever since I started to drive i realised that all that crap coming out of the exhaust pipe was doing no good, I didn't need a Fossil Fuel company to tell me that, I also gave up smoking as I realised that wasn't doing me any good neither, I try not to eat too much, as I know it will make me obese and lead to illness.
You see if anyone is to blame for Climate Change, it's me, not governments, Fossil Fuel Companies, it's my behaviour and habits that have caused it, and I don't need a 16 year old puppet to tell me its the Governments fault, and I have done no wrong.

So exactly what was her message, "do away with all the factories, stop making profits you capitalistic Barstewards", and we can all survive by eating grass.
We are all aware of the changes taking place, we don't need to be told about it, we do need to be told what to do about it, I have just watched one of these so called Experts on TV, who said if we have one meat free day per week, that will help,

Now ever since I started to drive i realised that all that crap coming out of the exhaust pipe was doing no good, I didn't need a Fossil Fuel company to tell me that, I also gave up smoking as I realised that wasn't doing me any good neither, I try not to eat too much, as I know it will make me obese and lead to illness.
You see if anyone is to blame for Climate Change, it's me, not governments, Fossil Fuel Companies, it's my behaviour and habits that have caused it, and I don't need a 16 year old puppet to tell me its the Governments fault, and I have done no wrong.
Don't take it all personally. There are simply too many of us. When I'm in charge, I'm initiating a compulsory two child policy. Also, walking holidays will be mandatory. (To be fair, Thomas Cook's beat me to that one.)

If you know something is going to happen.. you plan, and start doing something.
Since nothing has been done... now the costs are going to be huge.
So huge that some will just throw their hands in the air and say its no use... lets just continue like we do now. TOOOOO expensive...

Well.. why not blame Fossile Fuel companies that stopped all progress on going to renewables since the 70s... because it was more profitable to continue to use their products. Even if it will bite us in the end...

Electricity & Heat : 40%
Transportation : 20%
Manufacturing & Construction : 17%
Other fuel combustion: 12%
Agriculture 11%

These are the main culprits..
But, RightWing talkingpoints are trying to get people to "give up things"..
Eat less meat, not using plastic bags or straws, blah blah blah... its just a distraction.

cait-global-emissions-sector.png

If you know something is going to happen.. you plan, and start doing something.
Since nothing has been done... now the costs are going to be huge.
So huge that some will just throw their hands in the air and say its no use... lets just continue like we do now. TOOOOO expensive...

Well.. why not blame Fossile Fuel companies that stopped all progress on going to renewables since the 70s... because it was more profitable to continue to use their products. Even if it will bite us in the end...

Electricity & Heat : 40%
Transportation : 20%
Manufacturing & Construction : 17%
Other fuel combustion: 12%
Agriculture 11%

These are the main culprits..
But, RightWing talkingpoints are trying to get people to "give up things"..
Eat less meat, not using plastic bags or straws, blah blah blah... its just a distraction.

cait-global-emissions-sector.png

Lol, the biggest potential reduction of energy are improved housing insulation standards in colder climates. If it gets warmer they will need less heating and they will burn less. Doh.

Back