HELP ME MAKE MY MIND UP.

thanks for all the advice,my minds made up now i think howas the one for me.i will try to get my paperwork sent away this weekend and hopefully i will have it back for september.cheers
the scudd

Scudd

Having had both a Steyr Mk11 Pro and a Howa 1500 Stn/Syn I have to say you have by far made the right choice in my opinion.

The Howa's are a superbly designed rifle and the quality control is second to none. The analogy made above is on the money. They are the Toyota equivalent of the rifle world. Inherently accurate and as I say brilliantly (cleverly) designed.

You will not be disappointed. Also if you choose t you can get the Bell & Carlson with alu bedding block. I reckon you won't need to but you have the option if required.

Nice one. What cal are you getting it in?

hi jon2 im going for a270 as most of my stalking is for reds.i have a 243 but im not very confident in it.almost all the deer ive shot were with mymates 270and i like it alot no problem with wounded deer cant wait until i get the howa will probably take 5 or 6months.cheers
the scudd

Hello - I would concur with the above.

I have in fact just traded my Steyr 270 SBS for a Howa 243. The safe bolt system is good once you get used to it - it does take a bit of getting used to and is very quick when you get the hang of it. The stock is crap however and I found mine to be very ammo sensitive and never very accurate - did take several hundred reds with it tho.

The Howa I have has a Hogue stock in black (brand new) and came with mounts and a Wildcat mod for £745 - I looked at a Remmy and a Tikka at the same time - the Tikka is now over a grand. Its not worth it. So far its doing great and the barrel has shot in fine - no copper in the bore at all. I have shot only half a dozen Roe with it so far but its confidence inspiring. The stock comes also in green which I think looks much better. Don't know why you'd want another stock.

hi kuwinda my howa is the same one as your,s only mine has the stainless barrel.sounds like i got a bargain 690 all in.
cheers the scudd

Back