Introduction - Hornady VMAX 30grn .22WMR Surrey

robford1

Hello all,
I have just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself :)

I have just started and recently purchased a Ruger M77/22 ALL WEATHER .22 WMR and a CZ 452 American .22LR
I had my 22.WMR zeroed when I purchased at Ivythorn Sportin using Hornady VMAX 30grn but I am strugling to find a suplier in Surrey and surrounding areas that stock this ammo with out having to put a special order in.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for a supplier to save having to do a special order each time as I only have 150 rounds on my certificate. Currently got a special order in at the moment but is taking some time!!

DamaDama.243

Hi robford1,

Welcome to the SD.
I'm just up the road in Basingstoke and like you struggle to find local suppliers that stock what I want. I use Dauntsey Guns now for all ammo supplies it's not too far and is worth a trip just to have a look at the Gun Room.

You may find it is easier to purchase what you can close by and re-zero rifle if your FEO will not up your allowance?

bullet chucker

Welcome to the site robford1. You could try Raker near Petworth, they carry a good amount of various ammo. 01428-708102 must be worth a call.

BC.

stubear

Hi robford1,

Welcome to the SD.
I'm just up the road in Basingstoke and like you struggle to find local suppliers that stock what I want. I use Dauntsey Guns now for all ammo supplies it's not too far and is worth a trip just to have a look at the Gun Room.

You may find it is easier to purchase what you can close by and re-zero rifle if your FEO will not up your allowance?

A big plus one for Dauntsey Guns - they're the only supplier I use for ammo, they have everything I need and a great selection of different makes and bullet weights in each caliber.

Even in .45-70 they have three different bullet weights and ammo types.

Plus the gun room is awesome :D

robford1

Welcome to the site robford1. You could try Raker near Petworth, they carry a good amount of various ammo. 01428-708102 must be worth a call.

BC.

Many thanks

Raker in Petworth are great and I bought my wife her first 20G there a few years back. They had the ammo on order for me but have been stuggling to get hold of it with their supplier. They do have other .22WMR available, I am just keen to get the Hornady.

I have this afternoon after exstensive use of google managed to find someone near where I work in Surbiton called MBR Sporting. Really helpful chap that expects to get it from his supplier in the next 2-3 weeks.

DVS1

Welcome aboard!

Dauntsey are great and well worth a trio and it may be worth trying F A Anderson's in East Grinstead, good bunch of chaps there and worth an ask to order in if need be

Eric the Red

They had the ammo on order for me but have been stuggling to get hold of it with their supplier. They do have other .22WMR available, I am just keen to get the Hornady.

Edgar Bros bring Hornady into the UK. They get about 3-4 shipments per year - stocks of all Hornady ammo had run very low pre-Xmas. I imagine it will surface when available.
150 rounds is a ridiculously small number for a rimfire. One can shoot that in a night. I'd get your ticket filled up with entries and ask the FEO for a new one - he'll soon up to 500 which is more normal quantity for rimfire from my experience.