Moderator recommendations for Tikka T3X

BRACES of Bristol - Dark Fox Package, Mauser M12, LIEMKE Thermal Scope, Wildcat Mod

awsteed

Hi All. Any recommendations for a moderator for a Tikka T3X Varmint in .223? It's a 1/18 thread. Foxing rifle.

Thanks.

NigelM

I have three Hardy's which have been great but my next purchase will be a DPT. A couple of mates have them and they are better than the Hardy. Light weight, slim, good sound attenuation, reasonable price and you can take them apart for cleaning. Can't comment on the others as haven't used them.

Edinburgh rifles did a great mod test which posted on SD a few months ago which is worth a read.

Sonicdmb73

Hausken I have one and use it on my 222 and 20 Tac. Light reasonably quiet and at around £150 as far as I know well priced too.
They come threaded 18x1mm as standard with bushings to other sizes. So if you happen to change rifle and need a 1/2” unf thread you just need a £10 (when I got mine) bush.

Nick703

I have two, a stallion x108 and a ase ultra sl5i , the stallion is the best on the tikka and to my ears a bit quieter ,both 243 cal so I can us on my 223 and 243

digs

ASE UTRA - compact or any other model you like. I’ve used one on 4 of my rifles, I just have them cut to the same thread. (I have moderators “slots” on my ticket for each rifle just inform the police via letter the one moderator will be used for all calibre’s)
(obviously if the bore is the right size )

Well built, no cleaning issues, noise reduction is superb. Only complaint people have is they are expensive, and little heavy compared to newer types.

Suffolk_Shot

I had a Hardy Mod on my old Cz527 .223, great moderator. My new Rifle a Remington 700 heavy Barrel is yet to be Screw cut but when it is I think I’ll go for another Hardy.

DVS1

Calibre innovations ducis user here, great mod with interchangeable baffles that you can rotate to prolong life of the baffles, nicely thought out mod

Farmer_J

I’m using an atec hertz at the min and have no complaints, the brother is using a Stalon on his and it seems to reduce the report a little bit more than mine.

308tikka

Hi All. Any recommendations for a moderator for a Tikka T3X Varmint in .223? It's a 1/18 thread. Foxing rifle.

Thanks.
Ive a wildcat on my 223 T3 - it came with the gun s/h and iniially I was a bit snobby - not the sleek look I was used to. I was totally wrong as it is totally effective. Ive taken muntjac from a high seat <30yds and his brother hung around within 5yds so he got it too. you will have no prob on foxes.

On 308 Ive used PES (very good), ase ultra (very good) and ATEC - ok but not as good as above two IMO

PSE Composites Limited