Not really a deer dog

BSAvale

We are off to Scotland in August (subject to little miss not closing the border)….

My aging border will be with us, he has developed cataracts recently so can’t see very well but I’d still like him to enjoy his holiday. Do any any of the tick repellent sprays work? My working cocker will be with us too and he can find ticks anywhere so if there’s a working spray I’d like to give them the best chance of minimal ticks.

thanks

BV E73DEA94-0EBD-4820-91C4-9A5EBF7DF7C5.jpeg

Heym SR20

I use Bravecto as a tick and flee treatment on our lab/bmh and have never found a tick on her despite working in tick infested areas.

When midges are bad i apply smidge to her as well as myself.

Heym SR20

And don’t forget yourself and your family. Get a Permethrin spray - Lifesystems mosquito which contains Permethrin and spray your trousers, socks and jackets. Also picnic rug etc before you go.

Lyme disease is widespread in Scotland and is transmitted by ticks. Best defence is not to get bitten. If you do, get medical assistance asap.

BSAvale

And don’t forget yourself and your family. Get a Permethrin spray - Lifesystems mosquito which contains Permethrin and spray your trousers, socks and jackets. Also picnic rug etc before you go.

Lyme disease is widespread in Scotland and is transmitted by ticks. Best defence is not to get bitten. If you do, get medical assistance asap.
Thanks, yes very aware of lymes, keeper mate of mine had it and so has my auntie. I’ll be salmon Fishing but rest of family hopefully not too much at risk of ticks but will be taking precautions anyway.